Russell Brand magical amulet

Russell Brand is now selling a £189 ‘magical amulet’ to protect you from ‘dangerous’ Wi-Fi

Someone tell him TikTok adverts need an internet connection in order to be uploaded

If you’ve been wondering what Russell Brand has been up to in the year since the bombshell allegations against him came out last year, then you may or may not surprised to learn he has made a pivot towards being a Christian influencer and mouthpiece where he frequently shares conspiracy theories. These have led him to being demonetised on platforms like YouTube for going against their rules on misinformation. He’s often speaking about his newfound religion, after being baptised in April of this year. Whilst Russell Brand posts a lot of eyebrow raising content online, it is perhaps his new flogging of a ‘magical amulet’ that he claims protects you from ‘dangerous’ evil energies such as… Wi-Fi.

In an advert for Aires Tech, Russell Brand says “As you know, airports are places full of Wi-Fi and all sorts of evil energies – think of all the phones out there, all of the signals corruptible and corrupting. Luckily, I wear this magical amulet from Aires Tech that keeps me safe from all of the various signals out there. And also means [lifts up suitcase], look at this, look how strong I am.

“I think this is making me more powerful as a matter of fact. You should get one if you’re planning on going to an airport soon because the bloody things are full of lethal signals. Aires Tech: A glorious amulet to protect you from corrupting signals.”

When Aires Tech are taken to task on how Russell Brand can still promote online their magical amulet that protects against dangerous signals, the company claims “That’s the beauty of Aires — it allows you to stay connected while also staying protected from surrounding EMF.”

The EMF Aires refer to is electromagnetic fields. These are all around us, and are generally considered to be harmless by most scientists and researchers unless you were exposed to a high amount in a short space of time.

Inevitably, the ad is getting rinsed on Twitter for being a “grift” and people in disbelief that it isn’t actually parody. Honestly, I’m no doctor – but if you need to go to the airport anytime soon and you don’t have a magical amulet I truly think you’ll be fine.

For more and all the latest news, drops, quizzes and memes, like The Tab on Facebook