Everything Russell Brand has been dropped from following sexual assault allegations

He’s had book inclusions removed and shows taken down from platforms

Following allegations of rape, sexual assault and emotional abuse, comedian Russell Brand has been dropped from a number of connections made during his career.

This weekend, following a joint investigation with Channel 4’s Dispatches, The Times and The Sunday Times, accusations from four women of rape, sexual assault and emotional abuse were made public. The allegations, which Russell Brand has vehemently denied, are from 2006 to 2013, in the height of his career as a comedian and TV presenter.

Brand posted a video, in which he claimed relationships he’s had have been “always consensual” and referred to “corruption” in the news and “disturbing letters” from publications containing “attacks” against him. Despite this, a number of organisations and people have dropped associations with Russell Brand, following the claims which were published.

Hours after the allegations, the talent agency which managed Russell Brand dropped him

Tavistock Wood, the talent agency which was in charge of Russell Brand, has dropped him following the allegations. In a statement, the agency said: “Russell Brand categorically and vehemently denied the allegation made in 2020, but we now believe we were horribly misled by him. TW has terminated all professional ties to Brand.”

Women’s charity Trevi has cut ties with him

Women’s charity Trevi has announced it has cut all ties with Russell Brand, following the news of the allegations. In 2022 Trevi, which helps women affected by violence and abuse, announced it would be working with Brand and his Stay Free Foundation.

However, the charity has now said it has ended all associations with the comedian. In a statement, Trevi said it is “deeply saddened and upset” by allegations made against Brand, which he has denied.

“Russell became aware of our charity in 2022 after hearing about some of the incredible mothers we have helped to become drug-free over the years,” the charity said. “He wanted to support our cause and raise money through his Stay Free Foundation.”

The charity called the news this weekend “difficult to process” but said its main priority “remains and continues to be the safety and well-being of all women and girls now and in the future”.

The statement added: “We have ended our association with Russell Brand and the Stay Free Foundation. As a charity whose values put women’s voices at the heart of what we do, we always prioritise supporting women affected by violence and abuse and empower them to live without violence and fear.”

He’s also been dropped as an ambassador for a food bank

Another charity to end associations with Russell Brand is One Can Trust food bank, which Brand was an ambassador for. The food bank confirmed this to a local newspaper, following all references to the comedian being taken off the charity’s website.

A One Can Trust spokesperson said: “Following the extremely serious allegations concerning Russell Brand, I can confirm he is no longer an ambassador for the One Can Trust food bank.”

Channel 4 has dropped all Russell Brand content from its streaming service

Russell Brand shows dropped from Channel 4 streaming services

via Channel 4

Channel 4 has launched an investigation into claims made against Russell Brand and, whilst this takes place, has pulled all of Brand’s content from its streaming service. Episodes of The Great British Bake Off and Big Brother’s Big Mouth box sets featuring Brand have been taken off the platform.

A spokesperson said: “We’ve taken down all content featuring Russell Brand while we look into the matter. This includes episodes of the Great British Bake Off and the Big Brother box sets that he appeared on.”

Russell Brand tour dates scheduled for this week have been postponed and cancelled

This weekend, as allegations were being aired on Dispatches, Brand held a sell-out gig in London. Despite this, other venues are postponing dates, in light of the recent investigation.

The next known date is Tuesday evening, at the Theatre Royal in Windsor. ITV news journalist Paul Brand confirmed the venue had been considering cancelling, which has since been confirmed by them. In a statement today, promoters said the Tuesday night show has been postponed.

“Cancellation of this gig would put the rest of the tour in jeopardy, with two further dates planned this month,” Paul tweeted. Russell Brand is reported to have cancelled three further upcoming events.

Brand has been dropped from a book of poetry by Jeremy Corbyn and Len McCluskey

According to HuffPost, Russell Brand has been dropped from a book of poetry by Jeremy Corbyn and Len McCluskey. The book, called Poetry For The Many, is due to be published in November.

Brand had been lined up to contribute to the collection, but this has since been removed. A spokesperson for Jeremy Corbyn’s Peace and Justice Project told HuffPost: “In light of the recent allegations concerning Russell Brand, we have removed his contribution from our upcoming Poetry For The Many project.”

If you’ve been affected by this story or are the victim of sexual assault, you can access help and resources via www.rapecrisis.org.uk or by calling the national telephone helpline on 0808 802 9999.