Russell Brand Dannii Minogue

A Dannii Minogue interview has resurfaced where she called Russell Brand out in 2006

‘He’s a bit of a vile predator – he wouldn’t take no for an answer’

In the wake of the allegations that have come to light against Russell Brand over the weekend, an old interview from Dannii Minogue in 2006 has resurfaced where she branded the comedian “a bit of a vile predator” after her experiences with him.

Speaking in an interview with the Mirror back in 2006, Dannii Minogue talked about her experiences with Russell Brand after being interviewed by him for an MTV chat show to promote her greatest hits album, The Hits And Beyond. She claims he chased after her down a corridor, pestering for her phone number.

“He is completely crazy and a bit of a vile predator. I certainly don’t think he has cured his sex addiction, that’s for sure. He wouldn’t take no for an answer. He always goes that step too far. Never quite far enough to slap his face, but usually too far.

“He’s obviously very intelligent – but he wears more make-up than I do. Normally I love guys with eyeliner on. It can be very sexy, but not on Russell. Absolutely no way, never, he’s just not my type.

“I was told he got sacked from MTV in the past for wearing an Osama bin Laden costume to work the day after September 11. I couldn’t believe that I’d just agreed to be interviewed by someone who would do something like that, it really unnerved me. And then throughout the whole interview, he kept making shocking remarks that I can’t even repeat. Just uttering the words would make me blush.”

The interview has resurfaced after a joint investigation from The Times and Channel 4’s Dispatches revealed allegations from four women, unknown to each other, accusing Russell Brand of rape, sexual assault and emotional abuse. Russell Brand denies all the allegations, and said in a video statement on Friday night: “I seriously refute are these very, very serious criminal allegations. Also, it’s worth mentioning that there are witnesses whose evidence directly contradicts the narrative that these two mainstream media outlets are trying to construct, apparently, in what seems to me to be a coordinated attack.”

If you’ve been affected by this story or are the victim of sexual assault, you can access help and resources via www.rapecrisis.org.uk or by calling the national telephone helpline on 0808 802 9999.