Harriett and Ronnie reveal future relationship plans after brutal Love Island dumping

Alongside who they think should have been dumped in their place

Out of all the couples to be dumped on Love Island last night, I really wasn’t expecting Harriett and Ronnie to be the ones to be dumped, and I don’t think they were expecting it either.

In their first interview since leaving the Love Island villa, both Harriett and Ronnie discussed where they see their relationship going in the future, as well as who they think should have been booted off instead of them.

Ronnie and Harriett had slightly differing opinions about leaving the villa, and it’s pretty obvious Ronnie knew it was time to go whereas it sounds like Harriett thought she’d be in there for the long haul.

Ronnie explained: “I know that I went into the Villa just being me so I know I can walk out with my head held high. I wanted to stay a bit longer, but obviously my time was up. I felt like I was a good Islander and I did everything that I really wanted to do. I had the best time. There are no complaints from me.” Harriett added: “I feel sad to go. I felt that my experience in the Villa wasn’t over yet. Everyone’s entitled to their opinion, so if they think me and Ronnie should have gone, what can you do?”

Via ITV

When asked whether they think and of the other couples should have left instead of them, well let’s just Harriet’s answer was just a tad more salty than Ronnie’s. Ronnie answered: “Everyone’s equal in there, everyone’s got their strengths and weaknesses. You can look at it and say it’s a friendship couple [Konnor and Grace] that stayed over an actual couple, but I’m not that sour to moan about things like that.”

Harriet revealed: “I wouldn’t have thought it would have been us, I thought it would have been Konnor and Grace as they’re in a friendship couple. But, obviously, Grace is one of my best friends in the Villa, she’s a big part of the Villa and her and Joey’s feelings, maybe the public took that into consideration? I feel like we’re in the same place as Uma and Wil, if not more as we’ve had more experiences together in the Villa.

Via ITV

And now onto the most important aspect, how they both feel about leaving with each other and whether they plan to keep on seeing each other outside of the villa, and it’s good news for them! Ronnie explained how “happy” he was to have been able to leave with Harriett, adding: “We had a lovely date and we’ve been getting to know each other more and spending more time together. At the end of the day, I’ve gone there to find someone and I’ve come out with Harriett, wherever that goes, who knows. But it was really nice with her in there.” He also confirmed he’s “definitely” planning on seeing her on the outside and “wants to see what happens with everything.”

As for Harriett, she admitted: “I feel good about leaving with Ronnie. I’d rather leave with him than any of the other boys. I’ve had the best experience with him and I’ve met the bestest friends, like Grace, Matilda, Joey and Sean. I’m going to miss them so much.” Luckily for Ronnie, she’s also very keen to see him again and promises she’ll “definitely see him on the outside.” Well, there you have it!

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes about Harriett and Ronnie, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.