Grammys performances ranked

Ranked: The seven greatest performances at the Grammys 2024

Feel so blessed to be alive at the same time as Joni Mitchell

The only thing better than your favourite winning big at the Grammys is getting to see your fave do a show stopping performance that proves why they were nominated in the first place – and for 2024, the Grammys put on a SHOW. After a load of big name performances, here’s the top seven of the greatest Grammys performances for the 2024 awards ranked.

7. Olivia Rodrigo performing Vampire

Olivia Rodrigo was done a bit dirty at the Grammys last night – winning none of the awards she was nominated for. She did however sing a great rendition of Vampire – which Taylor Swift iconically sang along too. She’s so real for that.

6. Billie Eilish performing What Was I Made For?

Billie never misses giving a moving performance of a much celebrated and now officially Grammy winning song. She’s such a star.

5. Tracy Chapman and Luke Combs performing Fast Car

Tracy Chapman stays out of the limelight, and hasn’t performed in the public eye for years. Yet here she is, duetting on her absolute classic Fast Car with Luke Combs whose cover of the song has been a huge hit. When you watch Tracy sing it, you understand what makes such an oversatured and overly covered track so special in the hands of its creator. Just beautiful.

4. SZA performing Snooze and Kill Bill

I really thought SZA was going to take Album of the Year, and this performance of two of SOS’ best songs prove why maybe she should have. The Kill Bill bit with the dancer slashing the katana around on Phoebe Bridgers’ table is insane.

3. Miley Cyrus performing Flowers

I actually think Flowers is quite mid, and I’m a huge Miley Cyrus fan. I am so happy for her as a talent and an artist that she won her first Grammy, and this performance of Flowers is so great and joyous that even the naysayers of her huge hit single like me have to concede and give it a hefty clap.

2. Dua Lipa performing a medley of Training Season, Dance The Night and Houdini

The evolution of Dua Lipa from promising pop star with an interesting vibe into a truly global sensation pop goddess is breathtaking. This medley is from start to finish just the absolute benchmark of pop excellence – great hits, strong vocals, interesting staging and choreography and it just leaves you breathless. Her ear for great pop is untouchable right now.

1. Joni Mitchell performing Both Sides Now

At 80 years old, Joni Mitchell remains one of the biggest music legends the world has – for my money, our best living songwriter. Her moving performance of Both Sides Now flanked by Brandi Carlile amongst other music industry performers is one that reduced audiences to tears. Dua Lipa can be seen with watery eyes, and how can you blame her? It’s so moving to witness Joni do what she’s done so successfully for so long. Just beautiful. Deserved every bit of her standing ovation. The best of all the Grammys performances ranked here – it really feels historical.