Bobby Queer Eye Tan

Bobby Berk confirms that he and Tan from Queer Eye are ‘feuding’

He’s also revealed the real reason why he quit Queer Eye

After all the subtle unfollowing, not commenting on posts and leaving each other out of their Instagram pictures, Bobby Berk from Queer Eye has finally confirmed that yes, he and Tan were in a “feud.”

In an interview with Vanity Fair Bobby confirmed that he and Tan had “a situation” and also revealed the real reason behind why he quit Queer Eye.

He explained: “Tan and I had a moment. There was a situation — and that’s between Tan and I — and it has nothing to do with the show. It was something personal that had been brewing and nothing romantic, just to clarify that.”

Fans noticed that Bobby unfollowed Tan, and last month Tan had also unfollowed Bobby. Addressing this Bobby said: “Should I have unfollowed Tan? No. Maybe I should have just muted him. But that day, I was angry, and that’s the end of it. We became like siblings — and siblings are always going to fight.

“I will always have a very special place in my heart for him and Rob and the kids. I can foresee in six months or a year, Tan and I at each other’s house being good. The Emmys was already the first bandage on that wound.”

However, neither Tan nor Bobby have re-followed each other yet, suggesting that they’re still not in a great place.

Bobby announced his departure from Queer Eye last year, saying that he had made the decision with “a heavy heart.” Shortly after a source told Us Weekly that the reason for his exit was because he “wasn’t vibing with the cast.”

The source said: “There were many challenges with scheduling and there was a loss of interest from Bobby filming the show. The network and the cast thought it was time to bring in fresh blood. His heart was not in it and the rest of the cast started to resent him because of that.”

A second source said that Bobby “was not asked to leave” and the “decision was amicable.”

Bobby explained the real reason why he decided to quit Queer Eye and clarified that it wasn’t to do with his feud with Tan. He explained that he and the rest of the Queer Eye cast were ready for the show to end when their seven-season contract ended in 2022.

Whilst Netflix offered them an additional four-season contract for Queer Eye, Bobby assumed that his costars would not renew the contract. He said: “We’d just assumed that the show wouldn’t come back if we all didn’t come back. I was like, I’m not going to be having FOMO cause the show is not going to happen. I had become at peace with it.

“We had mentally just prepared ourselves to move on — that’s why I left,” he said.

The latest series of Queer Eye is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.