Everything Zayn Malik has been up to, from dad duties to getting run over at Fashion Week

He started his own mocktail brand called Mixoloshe

So Zayn Malik has been all over our timelines this weekend after he made a bit of a rare public appearance at Paris Fashion Week. Zayn attended the Kenzo show in Paris on Friday marking his first public event in six years and literally everyone is losing their minds at his comeback. People are also losing their minds after a video was released of a car running his foot over. Ouch.

Zayn simultaneously broke everyone’s hearts on the 25th March 2015 by leaving One Direction and I still don’t think I’ve recovered. Since then he started a solo career, got engaged to Perrie Edwards which was broken off two years later, dated Gigi Hadid and had his first child Khai as well as started his own mocktail company.

So this is everything Zayn has been up to in the last couple of years:

Getting run over at Paris Fashion Week

So after sitting front row at the Kenzo show at Paris Fashion Week at the weekend, a video came out of him literally getting hit by a car and not reacting. He later posted a photo dump on Instagram which included just a picture of his show with a tire mark on it with the caption: “Thanks for a great show! My foot is fine!! Thanks to my incredibly well made shoes”.

Started a mocktail brand

In October last year, Zaym created Mixoloshe, a mocktail brand which claims to “taste like the real thing”. Announcing the new venture on Instagram, Zayn said: “Proud to unveil my latest venture, Mixoloshe. A blend of passion, craft, and joy. Now available at Mixoloshe [in bio] and at Walmart stores near you and online!”

Gigi Hadid breakup

Zayn got with Gigi Hadid in December 2015 after rumours had been flying around. The two were together a good few years before in 2020 they announced they were expecting their first child. They had Khai in September 2020. But then in October 2021, Zayn and Gigi were confirmed to have split up.

The split was rumoured to be messy after Zayn was accused of hitting Gigi’s mother Yolanda during an argument. He denied the rumours in a statement: “I adamantly deny striking Yolanda Hadid, and for the sake of my daughter I decline to give any further details, and I hope that Yolanda will reconsider her false allegations and move towards healing these family issues in private.”

Zayn Malik is currently single but in March last year, there were rumours about him and Selna Gomez who were seen having dinner in New York. But in August 2023 Zayn’s mum revealed he was staying single to focus on being “the best dad”.

Celebrated his daughter’s third birthday

Zayn had his first child Khai Hadid Malik with Gigi Hadid in 2020, marking the third One Direction baby. When they broke up in 2021, they started co-parenting and Khai is growing up on a farm in Pennsylvania.

In September last year, Zayn posted some adorable pics of Khai’s third birthday party where she had a rainbow Skittles and a Frozen cake. He said in the caption: “Happy birthday to my everything, you are the most amazing soul I’ve ever known. Every day I get with you is a blessing that I cherish beyond words. 3 already!! Where has that time gone? my beautiful little girl, I couldn’t live without you, thank you for all the love you bring to my life.”

On the Call Her Daddy podcast last year, Zayn also said that Khai had “brought colour” back into his life:  “I feel like we get to a certain point in adult life where everything is kind of vague and grey and boring, and she’s brought that colour back for me,” he said, adding that his main objective since Khai’s birth has been to be “a good example to her.”

“Since I’ve had my daughter, the main thing in my mind is trying to be a good example to her,” he explained. “That’s why I’m even doing this interview, you know? I used to get a lot of anxiety around having a conversation like this. And I want her to be able to look at me and be like, ‘My dad’s doing this.’ ”

Chilling with his chickens and turtles

Also on the Call Her Daddy podcast, Zayn spoke about the literal zoo he’s got going on at his house. In his Pennsylvania home, Zayn revealed he has three cats, three dogs and three turtles as well as six chickens. He also said he hasn’t named his current chickens because he “got too attached last time and it made [him] really sad”.

Had a music comeback

Zayn released his last and third studio album Nobody is Listening in January 2021 and was very quiet on the music front until last summer when he had his comeback and released ‘Love Like This’.

But at Fashion Week this weekend, Zayn confirmed that he is working on his next album at the moment. Speaking to fans he said: “It’s coming soon. I’m actually going for a rehearsal.”

Broke the internet by posting videos of him singing One Direction

Real ones remember where they were when Zayn actually killed everyone and posted two videos of him singing old One Direction songs. In June 2022, Zayn posted a video of him singing his iconic high note from You and I on Instagram and sent everyone into a spiral.

Then in August 2022, he also posted a black and white video of him in dungarees singing the chorus of the One Direction song Night Changes.

Dressed up as Voldemort for Halloween

In probably one of the weirdest crossovers in history, Zayn dressed up as Voldemort for Halloween 2023 and the costume is insanely impressive. He posted a Voldemort selfie to Insta with just the caption “Happy Halloween” as well as a video of him driving and singing dressed as Voldemort.

Spoke about why he left One Direction

In 2023, Zayn appeared on the Call Her Daddy podcast which marked his first interview in six years. In the interview, he said that he left one direction because he “got sick” of the band.

“We’d been together every day for five years and we’d got sick of each other, if we’re being completely honest. I look back on it now in a much fonder light than I would’ve as I’d just left. There were great experiences, I had great times with them, but we’d just run our course.”

For all the latest reality TV and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook