Sam Kerr partner girlfriend

Boujee holidays and backflips: Inside Sam Kerr’s vibey life off the pitch

Her and her girlfriend are so cool I actually can’t deal

Sam Kerr was the only Matilda to score when England beat Australia 1-3 in the Women’s World Cup this summer. And as the Women’s Super League kicks off this Sunday, Sam could be back on the pitch with her London team, Chelsea, to take on Tottenham.

She ended last season as the club’s top scorer with 32 goals in all competitions and was awarded the Women’s Super League Golden Boot for the second year in a row. So, as the Women’s Super League returns for another year, here’s everything you need to know about Sam’s boujee holidays, vibey girlfriend, and Aussie life off the pitch:

She’s 30-years-old and is from Perth, Western Australia

Sam is originally from East Fremantle in Perth, Western Australia. Her dad, Roger Kerr, was a professional Australian Rules football player and Sam played Australian rules football as a child but switched to association football when she was 12 because she was told she could no longer play on the boys’ team.

Now, Sam is considered one of the best strikers in the world. “I just play what I see, or play what I feel. And I think it’s always evolving,” she previously said of her technique.

She’s dating USA footballer Kristie Mews and their Instas are so cool

Sam is dating US soccer player Kristie Mews. Rumours of their relationship started when they hugged each other after Australia beat America in the Tokyo 2021 Olympics and – two years later – they confirmed they were together and have posted loads of cute pictures together on Instagram all summer long. Goals.

There’s even been speculation they’re actually engaged after it looked like Kristie was wearing a ring in one post.

She’s one of the highest paid players in women’s football and is known for her backflip celebration

Sam reportedly earns £417,000 a year at Chelsea, making her one of the highest paid players in women’s football. However, she’s still paid drastically less than male footballers. As Christiano Ronaldo, the highest paid male footballer, earns £173million per year, which is £172million more than Sam.

She absolutely loves a boujee holiday in between training

Pretty much whenever Sam isn’t training she seems to be chilling out on a boat. She had her 30th birthday celebrations in September and, honestly, nobody has ever vibed more. She’s also shared snaps from Bondi Beach, New York City and Barcelona.

What is Sam Kerr’s Instagram?

Sam has 1.7million followers on Instagram and you can follow her @samanthakerr20. But she’s not the only Women’s Super League player with a vibey Instagram account. You can find loads of the players’ profiles, including Chloe Kelly, Ella Toone and Alex Greenwood, here.

Boujee holidays and TikTok fame: Inside Mary Earps’ life off the pitch

• Mayfair nights out and glam holidays: Inside Lioness Alessia Russo’s life off the pitch

Bucket hats and Ibiza sessions: Inside Ella Toone’s wild life off the pitch

Featured image credit via Action Foto Sport/NurPhoto/Shutterstock and Instagram