The cast of Love Island 2023 have shared their biggest icks and they’re… interesting

Meal deals? Really?

It’s time! Love Island 2023 is here, and one of the most important parts in getting to know single people hoping to find love is to find out their icks. Ahead of going into the villa, ITV asked each new Islander what gives them the ick in a potential partner, and their responses were interesting shall we say.

From skinny jeans to star signs – the new Islanders really didn’t hold back when sharing what’s a deal breaker in relationships. So, here’s a rundown of the icks each Love Island 2023 cast member admitted they have.

Ruchee

Love Island 2023 cast share their icks

via ITV

I feel as though a lot gives 24-year-old Ruchee the ick. She started off with a pretty normal one, saying guys with no ambition give her the ick, but then added: “I also get the ick if I see a guy wearing white jeans and red trainers. Another one is super skinny jeans when they look like leggings. Fashion is such an important thing for me. If I go on a date and the guy isn’t wearing something I like, I’m going home.”

André

via ITV

Business owner André said his biggest ick is “when I’m out eating with a fine woman and she’s chomping on her food.” He said he also gets the ick when people are unnecessarily disrespectful, “especially to parents, family members, or waiters.”

Ella

via ITV

When asked what gives her the ick, 23-year-old Ella said it’s guys who like every girl’s picture on Instagram. “If I can see he’s been liking the girls posts on my explore page, it’s a no,” she said. “I also get the ick if a guy can’t dress and doesn’t smell good.”

Mitchel

Love Island 2023 cast share their icks

via ITV

Ok, Mitchel’s first ick is when people have food in their teeth, which I can completely understand. But his second? Mitchel, I don’t get it. He said his second biggest ick is “counting coins in your hand”. Ummmm, what sorry? “When a girl stands at the bar counting out the coins to pay for a drink,” he said. “It’s not for me!”

Catherine

via ITV

Up next is Catherine, who admitted her ick is weird. She said: “It might be a weird ick, but I don’t really like long hair, especially when it gets sweaty!” Gross.

Tyrique

Love Island 2023 cast share their icks

via ITV

Footballer Tyrique is very specific with his icks. He hates when girls leave the club and walk around with bare feet, and he hates when girls are into star signs. Noted.

Jess

via ITV

22-year-old Jess said she’s put off by flashy guys who “show off all their designer clothes”, boys who run for the train, boys who have lunch boxes and anyone who goes to Tesco and gets a meal deal. Ummm, ok?

George

Love Island 2023 cast share their icks

via ITV

George said: “When girls clap their hands when they speak or when people put too many exclamation marks in texts, three is enough.”

Molly

via ITV

21-year-old Molly said her biggest ick is guys shouting at the television when they’re watching sports or the news. “You’re not going to get anywhere with me if you’re shouting at the television,” she said. Fair enough.

Mehdi

Love Island 2023 cast share their icks

via ITV

Mehdi is another Love Island 2023 Islander who has multiple icks. Firstly, he dislikes “clingy girls”, but he also said he doesn’t like “girls that act and talk in a childish way.” He said: “I like a sophisticated girl who looks after herself.”

Love Island 2023 is on ITV2 and ITVX. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.