Here’s everything you need to know about Khloe Kardashian’s melanoma diagnosis

She previously had surgery 19 years ago

In the first episode of The Kardashians season three, Khloe and her sisters have a candid conversation about her melanoma diagnosis and the effects it has had on her.

Across the episode, Khloe is seen with a plaster on the side of her face and explains to viewers as well as Scott Disick as to what happened. In case you missed it, here’s everything Khloe Kardashian has said about her scar and melanoma diagnosis.

Khloe is predisposed to skin cancer

During the episode of The Kardashians, Kris Jenner tells the cameras Khloe is predisposed to skin cancer and has had scares over the years.

Kris said Khloe has a “history of melanoma and cancerous legions” and so she is “very concerned” for Khloe.

If one or more close relatives such as your parents or siblings have had melanoma, it increases your risk of having it also, according to The Skin Cancer Foundation. Being predisposed means the risk of melanoma can be passed down from generations in families.

She had a bump on her face biopsied after seven months

Khloe tells the cameras she had a bump on her face biopsied after keeping a watchful eye on it for “seven or eight months”. “I am just waiting for the results,” said Khloe.

During the party celebrating Kendall’s 818 success, Kris tells Kyle the bump on Khloe’s face is cancerous.

“I’m just a little worried and no she has to have it removed,” the momager revealed. “Wow,” Kylie responded.

Explaining to Kylie how the procedure would go, Kris said: “You have to go in and you don’t know how much of your cheek they’re going to take.”

Khloe is getting the part of her cheek cut out

After being confronted about the issue by Kylie, Khloe said: “I have to get a plastic surgeon to cut the whole thing out. They said they they won’t know until they open up my cheek how big they have to cut. I just don’t want a big scar on my face.”

Khloe explained to the cameras that she was told by doctors it was “incredibly rare” for someone her age to have melanoma and so “they have to go in more to see if it spread”.

“So at this point it seems a little scary,” she said.

She has previously had to remove melanoma from her body before

When Khloe was 19 years old, Khloe Kardashian had surgery to remove melanoma on her back. Back in October 2022, Khloe urged her fans to get zits and moles checked to rule out skin cancer.

Season three of The Kardashians is available to watch on Disney+ now. For all the latest reality TV and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook