Samie Tom split

Love Island’s Tom has confirmed he and Samie have broken up in new Instagram story

Meanwhile Samie posted an ad for a new dress

Love Island 2023 finalist Tom Clare has confirmed his split from Samie Elishi. It was reported earlier this week the couple had gone their separate ways due to the distance between them. This also comes a days after Samie admitted she went on Love Island for fame.

In an Instagram story, Tom wrote: “[I] didn’t think I’d be writing this but me and Samie have gone our separate ways. We are still on good terms and I have nothing but love and respect for her.

“I’m gutted it’s come to an end but I truly wish Samie the best.”

via Instagram @tomclare__

Rumours of their split began to spread a couple of weeks ago when fans noticed Samie and Tom hadn’t posted each other much on their social medias.

Revealing their breakup, a source told The Sun: “Samie and Tom have sadly decided to call it a day. There is a lot of love and respect there but it just wasn’t going anywhere. The distance between them was too much and they are both really focused on their careers post Love Island.”

After the split went public, a video from Chloe Burrows’ new YouTube show went viral. In the video, Samie admitted she went on the show for fame and not love.

“Did you go on Love Island for love, or did you go on for exposure?” Chloe asked both Samie and Tom. Samie replied: “I’m going to be honest, mine was the second one. I didn’t expect to meet anyone.”

Samie previously told her followers she applied to go on Love Island three times before appearing as a bombshell in the 2023 winter season. After not being chosen to go on the show on two occasions, Samie said it was a massive “confidence knock” and later tried a third and final time.

Samie has yet to publicly comment on the break up.

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.