phoebe bridgers daisy jones and the six

Right, which songs did Phoebe Bridgers actually write for Daisy Jones and The Six?

The Aurora album is an undeniable bop

Daisy Jones and the Six has officially been taking over the Amazon TV and music charts since it was released earlier this month. The fictional band’s debut album Aurora was even number one in the U.S. iTunes chart. And everybody wants to know who’s behind it.

Although the actors in the show did morph into a real music group and genuinely go to band camp as part of their rehearsals, the music and lyrics for Aurora were left up to the show’s chief songwriter and producer Blake Mills. But he had some help. Specifically, from everybody’s favourite sad girl: Phoebe Bridgers.

Ok, so which DJATS song did Phoebe Bridgers actually write?

Daisy Jones and the Six Phoebe Bridgers Instagram

Phoebe Bridgers was among numerous popular artists, including Marcus Mumford, Chris Weisman, and Jackson Browne, confirmed to have been drafted in to help Blake Mills write the music for Daisy Jones and the Six’s original soundtrack.

But, when looking through the writer’s credits for the Aurora album, Phoebe confusingly isn’t referenced at all. The only song she’s been confirmed to have written is  Type of Guy (“Affectations put you in your place. The painting leaves you empty-eyed”) from episode four, which wasn’t included on the record.

However, fans think they’ve cracked which song on the album Phoebe is actually behind. Because there’s only one track without a writer’s credit: Two Against Three. “Sounds very much like Phoebe,” theorised one person on Reddit, while another added: “Maybe it just comes down to some label drama with the credits that hasn’t been resolved.”

The Tab has contacted Phoebe’s management about exactly which songs she wrote for Daisy Jones and the Six but have received no response.