The Fab Five pay tribute to Queer Eye favourite Tom Jackson after he died earlier this month

Tom said appearing on Queer Eye was the highlight of his life

Tom Jackson, who appeared on Queer Eye’s first episode, died earlier this month aged 63 after a battle with gland cancer. His death was announced on the show’s Instagram account followed by several photos of Tom on the show back in season one.

The Fab Five have commented on the post, with Tan France saying: “Such incredibly sad news.” Tom Jackson was part of the show’s 2018 reboot. In an episode titled “You Can’t Fix Ugly,” he talked about his battle with lupus. After undergoing a makeover, he briefly rekindled things with his ex-wife.

Jonathan Van Ness commented on the post with “RIP Tom” and a red heart emoji. Whilst Bobby Berk wrote: “Having a Redneck margarita in your honour.”

Tom Jackson’s obituary says he passed away on 3rd March at Kennestone Hospital in Marietta, Georgia, where he spent his final days surrounded by family. He is survived by his daughter Katie Phelps, his two grandsons and his sisters. Tom considered Queer Eye to be the “highlight” of his life.