Love Island first look: The Islanders and Maya Jama are here and it’s the first coupling!

It’s finally time!

The time has finally come! Love Island 2023 kicks off tonight, and ITV has given us a preview look at the new Islanders in the villa, and Maya Jama as the host of the show for the first time.

In the first episode of the show, as always, we will get to meet all of the new Islanders, and there will be a first coupling ceremony for them to get paired up. Last year, it was down to the public who coupled up with who, but this year, this decision is back in the hands of the Islanders.

First look pictures of the first episode of winter Love Island 2023 ahead of start tonight

via ITV

First look pictures show the Love Island 2023 series begins in epic style, as a helicopter circles over the South African villa with the pilot announcing over the tannoy: “Maya Jama on board.” The helicopter lands and Maya heads into the villa, explaining: “It’s a new year, in a brand new villa, it’s a stunning location ready for some sexy singles looking for love, all we need now are some Islanders.”

via ITV

via ITV

Then, the real fun begins. It looks as though it’s the boys picking the girls this time around, as they are first to arrive and meet Maya. Greeting the boys, Maya says: “Hello boys, you alright, shall we have a little chat?”

via ITV

via ITV

via ITV

via ITV

The boys then line-up as they await the arrival of the girls. But who will couple up with whom? Will Islanders be nabbing partners off of each other straight out of the gate? Will it be love at first sight for any of the singletons? Plus, we still need to find out who the first bombshell is from the public vote last week.

via ITV

via ITV

The first big twist ahead of winter Love Island 2023 was revealed last week, and it included the public voting for the first bombshell to hit the villa. We had the choice of either Ellie and Tom, and the Islander with the most votes will enter the villa in tonight’s episode.

via ITV

via ITV

via ITV

It’s going to be a big one!

Winter Love Island 2023 starts on January 16th. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.