Noah Schnapp gay

Guys, Noah Schnapp has come out as gay and I don’t know a better way to start the year

‘I guess I’m more similar to Will than I thought’

You know when you’re having a casual scroll of the news or the TikTok For You Page and you come across that one thing that makes you grin like an insane person? Last night, that was all down to Noah Schnapp, because the 18-year-old Stranger Things actor came out as gay last night on TikTok.

In the video posted on his account, Noah captioned it “When I finally told my friends and family I was gay after being scared in the closet for 18 years and all they said was ‘we know’” – over the actor lip syncing to a sound that says “You know what it never was? That serious. It was never that serious. Quite frankly, will never be that serious.”

@noahschnapp

I guess I’m more similar to will than I thought

♬ original sound – princessazula0

Noah Schnapp then captioned the video “I guess I’m more similar to Will than I thought”, of course referring to his character Will Byers in Netflix’s Stranger Things, who last season was in a plot line about being gay and his sexuality.

On Stranger Things, Will’s sexuality has been up for much discussion, with some people feeling like The Duffer Brothers never tackled his coming out head on. Noah confirmed to Variety that Will was “100 per cent gay” in an interview last summer, saying “I mean it’s pretty clear this season that Will has feelings for Mike. They’ve been intentionally pulling that out over the past few seasons. Even in season one, they hinted at that and slowly, slowly grew that storyline. I think for season four, it was just me playing this character who loves his best friend but struggles with knowing if he’ll be accepted or not, and feeling like a mistake and like he doesn’t belong. Will has always felt like that. Now it’s 100 per cent clear that he is gay and he does love Mike”.

Stranger Things 4 is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.