The wages of the Love Island 2021 cast pre the show prove some really didn’t need the £50k

Through her work as an influencer, Kaz is the villa’s highest earner

Besides love, and the prospect of millions of followers and six-figure brand deals, one of the main reasons you might want to apply for Love Island is the £50k prize fund at the end. But, if the wages of the Love Island 2021 cast are anything to go by, some of them really didn’t need this as an incentive.

The jobs of the cast have been varied – from influencers and working in the fashion industry, to students and waitresses and even a water engineer. Research by the pricing specialist team at one of Europe’s leading price comparison sites idealo.co.uk, has calculated just how much the Love Island 2021 cast were making in wages before the show through their jobs – so here’s how much they were all putting away.

Kaz Kamwi – £57,200

Kaz Kamwi: The wages of the Love Island 2021 cast from their day jobs before the villa

via Instagram @kazkamwi

Before entering the Love Island villa, Kaz was working as a fashion blogger. It’s thought she could have been earning around £1,000 per sponsored post on her Instagram page, making her overall the highest earner.

Teddy Soares – £42,000

Teddy Soares: The wages of the Love Island 2021 cast from their day jobs before the villa

via Instagram @teddy_soares

Teddy’s job was as a senior financial consultant, with a salary of around £42,000. He worked at a finance firm in Manchester, where he worked for over four years. According to his LinkedIn, he’s previously worked in business and financial jobs since 2014.

Jake Cornish – £38,000

Jake Cornish

via Instagram @jakecornish7

People were a little confused over Jake’s job when he entered the villa – he said he’s a water engineer which people assumed was a glorified plumber. His day-to-day work made him responsible for the supply, management and maintenance of clean water and sewerage/waste water services and preventing flood damage – and earned him an annual salary of £38,000.

Chloe Burrows – £36,700

Chloe Burrows: The wages of the Love Island 2021 cast from their day jobs before the villa

via Instagram @chloe__burrows

Chloe’s old job was financial services marketing executive, working in The City. At just 25, Chloe was making a pretty impressive wage.

Tyler Cruickshank – £29,000

Tyler Cruickshank

via Instagram @tylercruickshank_

Similar to his fellow Islander Faye, Tyler worked in property. However, as an estate agent in Croydon, Tyler is bringing back a few more bucks. When asked who out of him and Faye would win trying to sell the Love Island villa, Tyler said: “Oh I don’t know… I would say me, you’ve got to back yourself. She looks like she’d have a really good pitch on her.”

Millie Court – £26,000

Millie Court: The wages of the Love Island 2021 cast from their day jobs before the villa

via Instagram @milliegracecourt

Millie is a fashion grad, and was everyone’s favourite style queen in the villa. Her job was a fashion buyer’s administrator for ASOS, where she’d worked for three years. Before that, she did sales at Superdry. Speaking about her work with ITV, Millie said: “I love my job. It’s all involved with fashion.” She was expected to be earning £26,000.

Faye Winter – £25,000

Faye Winter

via Instagram @faye__winter

Faye’s old job was a lettings manager in Devon. On top of her annual wage, Faye may haved earned some commission on the homes she sold.

Liam Reardon – £22,800

Liam Reardon: The wages of the Love Island 2021 cast from their day jobs before the villa

via Instagram @liamreardon1

Welsh born Liam was working as a bricklayer before Love Island. His expected salary was around £22,800. As well as this, Liam also did seasons in Ibiza and was a host of a beach club there. The bricklayer life wasn’t forever for Liam though. “I’m too tall to be a bricklayer, so I’d like to down tools and do a bit of property development,” he said. “When I’m 30, living somewhere not in the UK. Part of me wants to be wealthy and successful, part of me wants to be living by the beach, run a bar, something on a smaller scale, and be happy.”

Liberty Poole – £18,000

Liberty Poole

via Instagram @libertypoolex

Before the villa, Liberty was juggling being a student and also a waitress at Nando’s. She’d be expected to pick up £331 per week if doing full-time hours, plus tips.

Toby Aromolaran – £18,000

Toby Aromolaran: The wages of the Love Island 2021 cast from their day jobs before the villa

via Instagram @tobyaromolaran

Toby was a semi-professional footballer and played for Essex team Hashtag United. Talking of his job, he said: “I’ve played football since I was about six, but it’s really come into a new light for the past year since I joined a team called Hashtag United. Playing with them has really made me fall in love with the game again.”

Love Island 2022 starts on ITV2 soon! For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.