Love Island Gossip Column: Islanders’ exes spill the tea! And one contestant hasn’t even seen the show?!

The drama has begun already!

It’s back for 2020. Welcome to The Tab’s daily Love Island 2020 gossip round-up, bringing you the pettiest drama and the least believable tabloid exclusives from around the web today.

The Islanders are living it up on lockdown before the show

The new Islanders are living in pretty lavish conditions before the show starts. They are said to be staying in a “high end property”, having regular photoshoots and getting treated to having their hair and makeup done so they are Love Island ready.

They’re prepping for the new winter Love Island villa which is five times the size of the summer one and features an actual dog house and double showers. Whilst staying there, they won’t have to cook or clean.

Paige has spilled the tea on dating Lewis Capaldi

We’ve all heard by now, Love Island 2020 contestant, Paige Turley, is also the ex girlfriend of singer Lewis Capaldi. His number one single Someone You Loved is all about her. And now, she’s dished the dirt on what it was like dating him.

She told the Sun: “He’s terrible with women. He never had a chat-up line as such, as we went through college together. I kind of just fell into [a relationship]. It was never like he tried to chat me up or such. It just kind of happened quite naturally.” Paige said their breakup was amicable and they are still pals.

Love Island, winter Love Island, winter, 2020, Cape Town, South Africa, new, series, cast, contestants, lineup, Islanders, news, gossip, Paige Turley

Connor only broke up with his long term girlfriend seven weeks ago!!!

Connor Durman’s ex girlfriend has spoken out, saying the pair only broke up seven weeks ago and she’s still living in Australia on his visa!!

His ex, Stevie-Leigh Pich, has said they had planned to buy a house together and she has found the news he’s going on Love Island “horrendous”. On top of all this, she said his Love Island application is full of lies, and he’s not even a coffee bean salesman – he’s a roofer!!!

Read the full story here. ?

Love Island, winter Love Island, winter, 2020, Cape Town, South Africa, new, series, cast, contestants, lineup, Islanders, news, gossip, Connor Durman

Ollie will lose his £15million inheritance if he shags on TV

Resident Love Island posh boy Ollie Williams has said his dad is planning on writing him out of his will if he has sex on Love Island. Ollie said: “I said to [my family] I wouldn’t do it. I can’t see why that would change. My grandmother will be watching the show and that’s what I have at the back of my mind.”

Ollie is the heir to the £9million Landroyck estate in Cornwall. The family also owns Polzeath beach. As the eldest child, Ollie is currently entitled to all of it. Oh, and his neighbours are Prince Charles and Camilla. No biggie.

Leanne also won’t have sex on TV

First Ollie, and now Leanne has said she also won’t have sex when she’s on the show. She told the Daily Mail: “I don’t think sex on TV is for me. I’ve already spoken to my mum about that.”

BORING.

Love Island, winter Love Island, winter, 2020, Cape Town, South Africa, new, series, cast, contestants, lineup, Islanders, news, gossip, Leanne

Paige dated an X-Factor star who is friends with her ex Lewis Capaldi

Lewis Capaldi isn’t the only ex of Paige Turley who has a claim to fame. She also dated Garry Greig, who auditioned for X-Factor first in 2010 and then returned in 2016.

The pair dated for several years and split in April last year. Garry is apparently friends with Lewis Capaldi too.

According to MailOnline, Paige met Garry and they gigged around Scotland together. A source said: “Paige and Garry would go everywhere together. They’d known one another for years and enjoyed one another’s company. They were never really formal about their relationship but friends knew they were seeing one another.”

Love Island, winter Love Island, winter, 2020, Cape Town, South Africa, new, series, cast, contestants, lineup, Islanders, news, gossip, Paige Turley, ex, boyfriend, girlfriend, Lewis Capaldi

via Instagram

The new villa is apparently going to be protected by guards with guns

Love Island stars have arrived in Cape Town during what is being called a “rampant” gang war. The villa will reportedly be patrolled by armed guards as the producers don’t want to take any risks with Islanders’ safety.

Ollie could bag himself a spot on Made in Chelsea

Ollie has allegedly heard murmurs that Made in Chelsea want to scoop up him and his sister to appear on the show.

The chance to be on the show came up because Ollie was prevented from joining the army. He was set to begin training at Sandhurst, one of England’s most prestigious military academies, but he got injured. He told the Sun: “I ruptured my anterior cruciate ligament playing rugby and that put paid to my army career.”

Love Island, winter Love Island, winter, 2020, Cape Town, South Africa, new, series, cast, contestants, lineup, Islanders, news, gossip, Ollie Williams

Shaughna wants to go into politics after the show

25-year-old democratic services officer Shaughna Phillips has confessed her true calling in life is not reality TV. She said she has left her current job ahead of appearing on the show, and told Radio Times: “I definitely want to get in to some kind of politics. I just like helping people and I do what I can to help people. For me, it’s not really about how much a job pays you, but the feeling you get from helping people.”

Ollie wants to become a racing pundit

It looks like all the Islanders have their dream career paths for after the show all mapped out. Ollie has said he wants to work on TV, specialising in racing. He told the Sun: “Love Island for me is all about finding love, it’s not about getting famous. If that happens it happens, but if I was going to pick a TV show after this to go into it would actually be ITV Racing. I’d like to be a racing pundit of all things.”

Jack Fincham has said he’ll fly to South Africa because one of the new Islanders fancies him

In Shaughna’s entrance interview she said 2018 winner Jack Fincham is “a bit of me on toast”. And Jack looks a bit keen, because he shared a screenshot of the comment on Instagram with the caption: “Well @shaughnaphillips I’m gonna have a look at flights to South Africa now..”

GET HIM IN CASA AMOR.

Love Island, winter Love Island, winter, 2020, Cape Town, South Africa, new, series, cast, contestants, lineup, Islanders, news, gossip, Shaughna Phillips

Apparently Ollie has never seen Love Island before??!!

In breaking news, Ollie Williams has said he has never watched Love Island before!!!! He told The Mirror: “I haven’t watched any series. I haven’t binge-watched it. I couldn’t find any. I have watched a few YouTube videos. I don’t really know the show in and out.”

Is he ok?????

Caroline Flack wants to marry Lewis Burton!!!

Former Love Island host Caroline Flack has said she wants to marry her boyfriend Lewis Burton, despite being up in court in March accused of assaulting him.

Her bail conditions say she is not allowed to see or contact him but a source has told Heat magazine that “as far as she’s concerned, she’s got a point to prove – she says she’s innocent and she wants to fast-track her marriage plans as soon as the trial is over.” She is reportedly planning a “shotgun wedding and babies”.

Love Island bosses have said Caroline Flack may be back presenting future series

After her arrest in December, Caroline Flack stepped down as Love Island host. She was replaced by Laura Whitmore. But Love Island bosses have said the “door is open” for Caroline to return.

The commissioning editor of the show told The Mirror: “We are continuing to talk to Caroline. We are in constant contact and the door is open.”

The bookies already think they know who will win the show

According to OddsMonkey the favourites out of the girls are Paige Turley (7/4), Sophie Piper (7/2) and Shaughna Phillips (4/1). This is probably hugely impacted by Paige being Lewis Capaldi’s ex and Sophie being Rochelle Humes’ sister.

The favourites out of the boys are Connor Durman (15/8), Mike Boateng (7/2) and Callum Jones (also 7/2).

Love Island, winter Love Island, winter, 2020, Cape Town, South Africa, new, series, cast, contestants, lineup, Islanders, news, gossip, Sophie Piper

Winter Love Island 2020 starts on Sunday, January 12th. If you want to be the first to know all the latest news and gossip, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.