Caroline Flack has been charged with assault after a fight with her boyfriend

She is due to appear in court later this month

Love Island host Caroline Flack has been arrested and charged with assault by beating following a fight with her boyfriend Lewis Burton. 

Six police cars were pictured outside the London home they share yesterday morning. Met police confirmed they were called to a “domestic disturbance”.

A man, who is believed to be her boyfriend Lewis, has been treated for his injuries. Caroline is due to appear in court later this month.

Caroline Flack, Lewis Burton, arrested, charged, assault, boyfriend, battery, fight, news, latest, updates

Caroline and Lewis, via Instagram @carolineflack

A Met Police spokesman said: “Caroline Flack, 40, of Islington was charged on Friday, 13 December with assault by beating. She will appear on bail at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on Monday, 23 December.

“This follows an incident at approximately 05:25hrs on Thursday, 12 December after reports of a man being assaulted. He was not seriously injured.”

A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: “We were called yesterday (Thursday 12 December) at 5.28am to reports of a person unwell in Islington. We sent an ambulance to the scene and took a person to hospital.”

It is not yet known if he has been released from hospital.

Caroline Flack is due to travel to South Africa around New Year’s for the latest series of Love Island, which will be filmed in Cape Town. It is unclear if this will affect her hosting role.

Updates to follow.