Zac Efron’s Ted Bundy film is coming to Netflix NEXT WEEK!!!

There’s a new, EXTENDED trailer

| UPDATED Hide Images

It seems like forever ago it was announced the Zac Efron Ted Bundy film, 'Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile', was coming to Netflix. But the release date has come around quickly, because it's NEXT WEEK.

It's great timing too, because the recent amazing series on Netflix such as Sex Education, You, Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes, Abducted in Plain Sight and the Madeleine McCann documentary have all be rinsed, and we needed something fresh. What better to feast on than a true crime based film, with Zac Efron playing the lead?

Here's everything we know about the Zac Efron Ted Bundy film, Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile:

Zac Efron as Ted Bundy in Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile

Netflix bought the rights to the film for $9million, after a bidding war with STX and Lionsgate. The film has divided viewers, with some saying it "glorifies" serial killers and makes them appear "hot" (obviously because Zac Efron is very fit), whilst others say this is casting based on the facts – what made the Ted Bundy case so fascinating was that he was a good looking, successful man who didn't match the usual creepy serial killer stereotype.

Either way, the film has been all over the news, and has got a lot of people talking – and now it's coming to Netflix!!!

What is the Zac Efron Ted Bundy film about?

The film is based on the crimes of real life serial killer Ted Bundy. Bundy was an American serial killer, kidnapper, rapist, burglar, and necrophile who assaulted and murdered young women and girls during the 1970s. After years of denying his crimes, he admitted to 30 murders, but the true number of victims remains unknown. He was sentenced to death by electrocution and died in 1989.

The film is from the perspective of his longtime girlfriend, Elizabeth Kloepfer – played by Lily Collins.

Who is in the full cast list for the film?

Zac Efron plays Ted Bundy

The cast list for the film is:

Zac Efron as Ted Bundy

Lily Collins as Elizabeth Kloepfer

Kaya Scodelario as Carole Ann Boone

John Malkovich as Edward Cowart

Jeffrey Donovan as John O'Connell

Angela Sarafyan as Joanna

Dylan Baker as David Yocom

Brian Geraghty as Dan Dowd

Jim Parsons as Larry Simpson

Grace Victoria Cox as Carol Daronch

Haley Joel Osment as Jerry Thompson

Terry Kinney as Det. Mike Fisher

James Hetfield as Officer Bob Hayward

When is the release date of the Zac Efron Ted Bundy film on Netflix?

The film had its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival on January 26th 2019, and it was a hit. Netflix is waiting for the fall theatrical release of the Ted Bundy film before allowing it to be streamed on their site – as this will give Zac Efron a better chance in next year's awards season.

The wait is over though, because the release date is next Friday!!!

The official film poster for the film, credit: Wikipedia

It has been announced the official release date for Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, and Vile on Netflix in May 3rd 2019.

The film will also be available on Sky Cinema in the UK.

In the meantime, here's the trailer for Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, and Vile:

And if that wasn't enough, here's a Sky Cinema, EXTENDED AND BRAND NEW trailer for the film: