Zac Efron’s Ted Bundy film is coming to Netflix NEXT MONTH!!!

There’s a new, EXTENDED trailer

Right now, Netflix is on the top of its game. And just when you thought it couldn’t get much better, it’s been announced that ‘Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile’ – the Zac Efron Ted Bundy film, is dropping on the site. And when you ask? NEXT MONTH.

Series like Sex Education, You, Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes, Abducted in Plain Sight and the Madeleine McCann documentary amongst countless others, have left us spoilt for choice recently. And this film will just add to the list of true crime based shows to binge on Netflix.

Image may contain: Zac Efron Ted Bundy film, Zac Efron, Extremely Wicked Shockingly Evil and Vile, Ted Bundy, Netflix, True Crime, Apparel, Overcoat, Coat, Clothing, Suit, Man, Face, Human, Person

Zac Efron as Ted Bundy in Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile

Netflix bought the rights to the film for $9million, after a bidding war with STX and Lionsgate. The film has divided viewers, with some saying it “glorifies” serial killers and makes them appear “hot” (obviously because Zac Efron is very fit), whilst others say this is casting based on the facts – what made the Ted Bundy case so fascinating was that he was a good looking, successful man who didn’t match the usual creepy serial killer stereotype.

Either way, the film has been all over the news, and has got a lot of people talking – and now it’s coming to Netflix!!! Here’s what we know about the Zac Efron Ted Bundy film, and when it’s coming.

What is the Zac Efron Ted Bundy film about?

The film is based on the crimes of real life serial killer Ted Bundy. Bundy was an American serial killer, kidnapper, rapist, burglar, and necrophile who assaulted and murdered young women and girls during the 1970s. After years of denying his crimes, he admitted to 30 murders, but the true number of victims remains unknown. He was sentenced to death by electrocution and died in 1989.

The film is from the perspective of his longtime girlfriend, Elizabeth Kloepfer – played by Lily Collins.

What is the full cast list for the film?

Image may contain: Zac Efron Ted Bundy film, Extremely Wicked Shockingly Evil and Vile, Zac Efron, Ted Bundy, release date, cast, Netflix, UK,  Man, Face, Apparel, Suit, Overcoat, Clothing, Coat, Necktie, Human, Person, Accessories, Accessory, Tie

Zac Efron plays Ted Bundy

The cast list for the film is:

Zac Efron as Ted Bundy

Lily Collins as Elizabeth Kloepfer

Kaya Scodelario as Carole Ann Boone

John Malkovich as Edward Cowart

Jeffrey Donovan as John O’Connell

Angela Sarafyan as Joanna

Dylan Baker as David Yocom

Brian Geraghty as Dan Dowd

Jim Parsons as Larry Simpson

Grace Victoria Cox as Carol Daronch

Haley Joel Osment as Jerry Thompson

Terry Kinney as Det. Mike Fisher

James Hetfield as Officer Bob Hayward

When is the release date of the film on Netflix?

The film had its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival on January 26th 2019, and it was a hit. Netflix is waiting for the fall theatrical release of the Ted Bundy film before allowing it to be streamed on their site – as this will give Zac Efron a better chance in next year’s awards season.

Image may contain: Paper, Brochure, Flyer, Head, Face, Performer, Poster, Advertisement, Person, Human

The official film poster for the film, credit: Wikipedia

It has been announced that the official release date for Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, and Vile on Netflix in May 3rd 2019. Despite reports being unclear as to whether this date is just a US release date, a source from Netflix has confirmed to The Tab the film has been given worldwide release.

The film will also be available on Sky Cinema in the UK.

In the meantime, here’s the trailer for Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, and Vile:

And if that wasn’t enough, here’s a Sky Cinema, EXTENDED AND BRAND NEW trailer for the film: