Season two of You on Netflix is CONFIRMED, here’s everything we know

It is needed NOW

It's official: The second series of You on Netflix is coming. When the first season was dropped, it was quickly announced that a second would follow. On the show's official Instagram page, it is listed as "coming soon" but it could be a lot sooner than we think. Here is everything we know about You season two.

The release date could be sooner than we think

Season one was dropped on Boxing Day, like the best Christmas gift you didn't know you needed until you had it. *No spoilers*, but the series wasn't exactly all tied up at the end, so the second bunch of episodes is needed, and fast.

Netflix seem to follow a similar time frame when scheduling shows, so if You follows these schedules, it could be as soon as the end of this year when it drops the next season!!! Sera Gamble, the show's co-creator and executive producer, told Cosmo season two is "a month away from filming" and is "full steam ahead".

Image may contain: Apparel, Sleeve, Clothing, Finger, Face, Human, Person

Production is well underway for the new series, and the first table read of the script has been done!!

Who will be in the cast?

The only definite returner for the new season is Penn Badgley, as the lead role of Joe Goldberg. Other than him, other cast members are still unconfirmed.

However, in an interview with Hollywood Reporter, show-runner, Sera Gamble, hinted some other characters might return: "It's too soon to say definitely whether John Stamos [plays therapist Dr. Nicky] will return in season two but we have been talking a lot about the character and we're excited to keep telling that story."

View this post on Instagram

The story of me and Y̷O̷U̷.

A post shared by YOU (@younetflix) on

Victoria Pedretti (who you'll recognise as Nell from your other Netflix obsession, Haunting of Hill House) has also been announced as the female lead for series two. Joe Goldberg is going to have a brand new love interest (and victim) in the form of "Love", played by Pedretti.

Has any production started yet?

IT HAS. The show is going to start filming in February 2019 and table reads of the script are underway.

What might happen in the new season?

According to Deadline, season two will follow Joe as his search for love takes him to Hollywood where dreams can be made or shattered.

The second book in the series the show is based on takes place in LA. When asked by the Hollywood Reporter if this is where season two is heading, show-runner Sera Gamble said: "The show is in L.A. We started work. The writers are on the Paramount lot and we're looking for stage space here in L.A. Joe Goldberg comes to L.A. and he is a die-hard New Yorker so I can't say that he comes to L.A. and he instantly falls in love with the place. At least at first glance, this is not Joe's kind of town, which is delightful. Starting to talk about what Joe would think of Angelenos has been so much fun in the room."

She did also say Joe might be seeking redemption in the new episodes. "I will say this – in season two, and ideally beyond, Joe, who is not a monster and is somebody who contains a lot of confidence hits within himself, may have a moment where he seeks redemption, but that's different than the show wanting to redeem the character."

Sera Gamble also hinted the new season will tie up the loose ends from previous episodes: "Part of the fun of continuing the story is that the loose ends from Joe's past are still dangling and could come back to him at anytime." *Again no spoilers*, but a certain character from Joe's past popped up at the end of season one with unfinished business, so we can expect more from them, and an explainer of what happened.