Ultra luxury halls to be built in Riverside

Lush

Top of the range premium uni flats are in the pipeline for a site near Forthside Way in Riverside.

A mega 200 plus rooms have been earmarked as well as a private cinema, high-end games room and state-of-the-art gym facilities for lucky residents.

Each room will likely have an ensuite, kitchenette and study space.

The ambitious proposal is to build a block which will be directly let to students and will comprise of both brand-spanking new studios and apartments.

London-based Empiric Student Property said they are acquiring a plot and are set to begin building luxury flats on the site.

A lack of parking and high rent prices are two concerns which have been raised about the scheme in its early stages.

The likely site for the new build

The site itself has been bought and then sold on to several property firms, the most recent being Land Synergy, whom Empriric are planning to acquire it from.

The proposal is currently in the pre-consultation stage which will continue over three months, meaning that residents will be able to have their say before the flats are given the go-ahead.

Design director Gordon Beaton, of Susan Stephen Architects, told the Daily Record: “The accommodation will be a prime product and a little more expensive than usual but the rental price includes use of all the facilities.

“We expect that most of those staying there will be postgraduates because of the rental price.

“It is also intended to have 24/7 management and security. We hope to have two staff on site between 7am and 8pm plus a 24-hour contact number that people will be able to phone (in the event of disturbance).”

The Tab can confirm that Ann Graham did not infer that she thinks all students are sweatpants and flip flop-wearing, uncouth layabouts, as was previously suggested in this article. We apologise for any confusion.