Noam Chomsky backs Stirling Pres in Palestinian exchange

Noam knows

linguist noam chomsky palestinian exchange program stirling susps university

Everyone’s favourite anarchist has personally backed the SUSPS project to bring a Palestinian student to Stirling. 

Star-struck SU president Andrew Kinnell received the support of towering intellectual Noam Chomksy in his ambitious manifesto pledge.

Kinnell received an email from the world-famous linguist after he supported a similar project at St Andrew’s University.

Chomsky said: “I understand that SUSPS is working to raise money to bring a Palestinian student to Scotland to study. It is a fine initiative.

“Palestinians have suffered bitterly and still do, and the US and UK have their inglorious share of responsibility for their plight.

“The SUSPS program is a way to begin to pay that debt and at the same time to help prepare a better future for the people of Palestine and the region.”

The project would bring a postgrad to Stirling from Palestine. The Union has already arranged a tuition fee waiver with the university for the student.

However, they must fund raise a further £10,000 for their living expenses, accommodation, flights and visa.

Union President Kinnell told the Tab: “It was exciting to get an email from such an inspirational social justice activist and internationally renowned intellectual.

“Noam had supported a similar project at St Andrew’s so I dropped him an email and within a day he responded giving his support.”

Hasta la victoria siempre

Kinnell added he was “delighted” the Uni have agreed to a tuition fee waiver.

“This is a campaign I’m passionate about and I’m hoping students will get behind.

“Many of us take education for granted and the difficulties that many students in Palestine face are almost unimaginable for us.”

Cheers Noam, no bother