Caroline Everest search: Woman’s body found in River Porter

Police have informed her parents

A woman’s body has been found by police searching for missing Hallam fresher Caroline Everest.

Although not yet formally identified, police believe it to be that of the 18-year-old, who was last seen at Corp on Saturday night.

Her family have been informed, and a specially-trained team of officers are supporting them.

The woman’s body was found in the River Porter, off Summerfield Street, at around 3.45am today. Caroline was last seen leaving Corporation on Milton Street at around 2.30am on Sunday morning.

Later in the day, she uncharacteristically failed to turn up to her job at B&M Stores in Meadowhall, as well as to a family meal.

Yesterday afternoon police revealed more details about Caroline, as they appealed to the public to come forward with information.

Caroline was described as being white, 5ft 6ins, of a slim build and studying for a Biosciences and Chemistry degree.

She was wearing a black dress with a black cardigan and wore her long dark hair in a low pony tail.

Dapo Adaramewa, the president of Sheffield Hallam’s Students’ Union, said he was “deeply saddened” by this morning’s news, adding: “Our thoughts are with her family at this time.”

A picture of Caroline on Saturday night

Superintendent James Abdy said: “Were you at the Corporation nightclub on Saturday night into the early hours of Sunday evening? Did you see Caroline?”

Anyone with information is asked to call 101 quoting incident number 998 of the 22nd November.