A 22-year-old woman was assaulted in Leeds this weekend

Police are appealing for information

Police in Leeds are requesting for help in finding a man connected with the sexual assault of a 22-year-old female.

The female victim had been out with a friend in Headingley on Saturday night before getting a lift into the city centre with two males.

The two women later left to catch a bus in the early hours of the morning when the same men approached them offering them a lift.

The friend was driven home before the victim was driven to an unknown address and the assault took place.

West Yorkshire Police have now released a CCTV image of a man they would like to identify in connection to the assault.

Detective Inspector Phil Jackson, of Leeds District CID, said: “We are carrying out extensive enquiries to trace the men and the vehicle involved and to establish the full circumstances of this incident.

“As a result of checks on CCTV, we have found an image of a man we urgently need to speak to in connection with the investigation.

“He is described as white, about six foot tall, aged in his late twenties with short dark hair. He was wearing a grey top, jeans and grey trainers.

“We would like to hear from anyone who recognises this man or who has any information that could assist the investigation.”

Anyone with information is asked to contact Leeds District CID at Elland Road quoting log number 330 of November 20 or call the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.