A York student has just got a Long Boi tattoo and I’m very jealous

‘I wanted to get a tattoo that would remind me of my time at York’

A student at The University of York has just got the York celebrity Long Boi tattooed on her.

Abbey, a final year sociology student, decided to get a Long Boi tattoo as a way to remind her of her time at York.

She told The York Tab: “I really like Long Boi so thought it would make a cool tattoo.”

Long Boi has become a campus, and indeed worldwide celebrity, over the last few years after going viral and gaining over 48k Instagram followers. Long Boi already has his own merch range, but Abbey took this one step further by getting the legendary duck tattooed on her.

Mr @longboiyork himself

Abbey told The York Tab: “I wanted to get a tattoo for graduation that would remind me of my time as a student at York without being too outwardly obvious like getting the logo tattooed or something. And I really like Long Boi so thought it would make a cool tattoo.”

She continued: “I really love it, it looks awesome. The tattoo artist (@lewisthestrange) at Chirality Ink parlour in York did a great job, I couldn’t be happier with it!”

Abbey is not the only student to get a tattoo of Long Boi, with her flatmate Ollie also having one.

Will this become a York graduation tradition?