Stop what you’re doing and VOTE in the first heat of York’s BNOC competition 2022

It’s time to face the BNOCs

We asked for nominations for the biggest names on campus and you certainly pulled through. We have received HUNDREDS of nominations for this year’s BNOC competition and are soo excited to be moving on to the first heat.

We have narrowed the nominations down to the 15 whose name appeared the most and there will be three rounds of voting with five different potential BNOCs in each. Your job is to vote for who you think is the biggest BNOC and send one person from each round through to the final.

Votes from both this article and votes from our Instagram story @theyorktab will go towards crowing your winner.

This may only be the first round but it delivers nothing but the best. Voting closes this Thursday, so cast your vote quickly on who you think deserves to make it through to the final round.

And don’t worry if you don’t spot your favourite local BNOC there is plenty more to come. Without further ado, in the first heat we have…

Aqeel Rafeek

Course: Medicine

Year of Study: First

BNOC number one Aqeel seems to have made quite the impression on all York students despite only being a first year. It seems that for some Aqeel’s popularity is a bit of a mystery as one nominator said “literally everyone knows this man and I have no idea why”.

However, a glowing review from another nomination labelled Aqeel as “kind and funny” as well as “incredibly sexy”.

Zara Sharif

Course: Education

Year of Study: Second

Second year Zara, labelled in one nomination as the “Queen of Derwent”, is certainly known for her endless contributions to her favourite college as Chair. The nomination goes on to describe her as “iconic and beautiful”.

Derwent’s very own chair Zara Sharif is most definitely a BNID (Big Name in Derwent) but is she your York Tab BNOC winner?

Nicole Swinnerton

Course: Natural Sciences

Year of Study: First

Another first year competitor, Nicole is very popular in Flares, a favourite amongst the bouncers and even gets a free queue jump every time she goes. Very jealous.

Apparently there was even a Flares incident with a broken egg and a soap dispenser. We have so many questions…

One nomination described Nicole as having “an addiction to socialising” and explained how they can’t go anywhere on campus without Nicole shouting hello to someone they know.

Noor Akthar

Course: Psychology

Year of Study: First

First-year Noor is definitely popular on campus and apparently a frequent visitor to A&E after a drunken night out.

One nomination described Noor as “being the most drunk all the time”. Noor definitely sounds like a lot of fun to be around so get voting if you think she’s York’s biggest BNOC?

Jacob Harlow

Course: Nursing

Year of Study: Third

2019 BNOC winner, Jacob, received an incredible number of nominations, with one plainly stating “Who doesn’t know Jacob?”.

Jacob definitely has an established presence on social media as another nomination describes him as a “TikTok genius”. As a previous winner of our BNOC competition, Jacob is definitely a fan favourite. Get voting if you think that he deserves to keep his crown.

Cast your vote for who you think is the biggest BNOC here: