Image may contain: Face, Apparel, Clothing, People, Night Club, Accessory, Glasses, Accessories, Club, Party, Person, Human

Mansion will close from January

The landlord has not renewed the club’s tenancy

Night club Mansion will close down in the new year and seek a new home.

The owners are looking for a new venue as the landlord has decided against renewing the club's tenancy.

Mansion will close on 1st January 2020 and the landlord will control the premises again from the 6th January 2020.

Mansion has hosted multiple events for students, including nights such as Soul Candy, DROP. and Phat Fridays. It has also been a popular venue for alternative nights out such as BlackBox and Bassmentality.

Upstairs York Gentleman's Club, the lap-dancing venue located above Mansion, will also close as a result of this development.

Mansion will host a series of events in the run up to its closure, including a New Year's Eve rave on the night prior to it shutting down.

The club released a statement, saying: "After over a decade of hosting underground parties Mansion Nightclub is looking for a new home.

The Mansion is having to relocate after the landlord has decided against renewing the tenancy.

The club will close from January 1, with the landlord taking back control on January 6.

Staff, promoters and artists have been made aware of the closure this week and are in search for new premises.

It is a shame, particularly with York's music venues depleting by what seems like by the minute.

Mansion has hosted some of the most successful club nights and DJ names the city has seen in the last decade.

The diverse space has seen DJs such as Patrick Topping, to Chase and Status headline in recent years – helping to establish Mansion as a key to underground clubbing in York.

Regular student nights and a host of local promoters have utilised the space to create a real underground community."

Related articles recommended by this writer:

Salvation manager reveals the club isn't going anywhere

A Fresher's guide to the alternative club nights of York

Fibbers isn't closing, it's taking a summer break

Featured image credit: Phat Fridays York Facebook Page