Image may contain: Spaniel, Pet, Papillon, Mammal, Dog, Cocker Spaniel, Canine, Animal, Swimwear, Clothing, Bikini, Person, People, Human, Vase, Pottery, Potted Plant, Plant, Jar, Flora

It’s time to vote for York’s biggest BNOC 2018

Who is the biggest name on campus?

It’s time for the biggest competition of 2018. No, not the World Cup but The Tab York’s BNOC competition.

You’ve sent us your nominations, we’ve asked them how it feels to be nominated, and now it’s time to vote for York’s biggest BNOC. Here are your finalists:

Luke Tang

Image may contain: Arm, Person, People, Human

I’m just amused that my name comes to people’s minds when thinking of BNOCs honestly! I think I know people from different contexts but wouldn’t have thought that they would have considered me that well known. I don’t really know why I should win – perhaps to feed my starving ego? And why not vote for someone who naps in Salvo?

Cam Baker

Image may contain: Person, People, Human

I’m very surprised to have made it to the next round to be honest and I should be crowned York’s biggest BNOC because my friends and family would finally be proud of me.

Rohail

I think I should win because I’m basically a functioning alcoholic who likes talking to random people on nights out. I’ve also blown £2000 of my overdraft on the sesh so it would be nice to have something to show for it.

Once people see me on a night out they’re usually scarred for life, even though I’m Wellbeing Officer for Langwith. Baluga photography’s very own Ben Jancso can testify to this.

Yassy Cameron

Image may contain: Swimwear, Clothing, Bikini, Person, People, Human, Vase, Pottery, Potted Plant, Plant, Jar, Flora

I feel both shocked and excited that I’ve been given the opportunity to be a BNOC (not that I didn’t know I wasn’t one already 😉 ).

I feel as though I should win because if you were to pick out anyone on campus, I’d probably know them somehow.

Going to boarding school in Surrey has given me numerous connections and I have managed to sleep with most of those connections and I intend to complete my checklist by the end of the year. I love to connect with lots of clubs at the uni, one of my favourites being Derwent football.

Esme Pitts

Image may contain: Clothing, Apparel, Person, People, Human

I’m pretty buzzing to have gotten to this next round! York’s a small place but there’s a lot of students, and a lot of geese, so I’m honoured to have gotten even this far.

I think the geese deserve it more than me. Having said that I hope that I win, my face is splattered around campus on all the careers and internship roller banners and leaflets so if that isn’t reason enough I don’t know what is. I do a load of drama and theatre so that’s helped get my big name out and around lol!

James Eyermann

Image may contain: Smile, Portrait, Face, Paper, Poster, Collage, Person, People, Human

I am writing this from Kuda. Thank you for officially giving me the title of BNOC as it validates my excessive use of my overdraft and the destruction of my liver.

Please vote for me as it would be a great way to end my final year at York and prove that being a fresher on Hes East doesn’t condemn you to social irrelevancy.

But ultimately in the wise words of Gretchen Wieners: “I can’t help it that I’m popular.”