warwick university world ranking 2022

University of Warwick ranks 11th in the UK according to The Times World University rankings

It placed 104th globally out of 1,799 universities

University of Warwick has ranked as the 11th best university in the UK in The Times World University Ranking 2023 released today.

It also revealed that the University of Warwick had ranked 104th globally out of 1,799 universities across 104 countries and regions. The Times World University Ranking ranks 163 universities in the UK, out of which Warwick ranked 11th.

In the global rankings Warwick ranked lower than it did in previous years: having occupied the 78th spot in 2022 and 77th in both 2020 and 2021. However, Warwick ranked above Durham University and St Andrews, which was ranked first in the UK by the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide just a few weeks ago.

The Times World University Ranking is based on a number of factors, including number of students per staff member, number of FTE students, number of international students and the female to male ratio.

It was found that at Warwick the gender split is exactly 50:50, with 13.1 students per staff member: more students per staff member than at some higher ranking universities. It was also found that 44 per cent of the student population at Warwick is comprised of international students.

The Times World University Ranking provides scores on a number of different metrics: including teaching, research, citations, industry income and international outlook.

The University of Warwick received a score of 44.8 per cent for teaching, 49.6 per cent for research, 88.1 per cent for citations, 42.7 per cent for industry income and 94.6 per cent for international outlook. This gave the university an overall score of 62.9 per cent.

The full rankings can be found here.