Image may contain: Pavement, Sidewalk, Metropolis, Asphalt, Tarmac, Car, Transportation, Automobile, Vehicle, Architecture, Intersection, Path, Building, Downtown, City, Urban, Town, Traffic Light, Light, Road, Human, Person, Pedestrian

Man stabbed to death on Tachbrook Road in Leamington this morning

Another has been taken to hospital with serious injuries

A man was stabbed to death on Tachbrook Road in Leamington this morning.

Emergency services and an air ambulance were called to the scene after reports of a stabbing between two men at around 11am this morning.

One of the men was pronounced dead at the scene, while the second man sustained "serious injuries" and was rushed to hospital.

Tachbrook Road has been closed off and local buses are being diverted as a result of the double stabbing.

Stagecoach Midlands tweeted: "Due to an incident on Tachbrook Rd, routes U1, U2 & 665 are on diversion.

"Routes U1 and 665 will run via Clemens St, Brunswick St, St Helens Rd and Tachbrook Rd in both directions.

“Route U2 will finish & start at opp Kelseys Bar on High St."

A spokesperson from Warwickshire Police said: "We are responding to a report of two people being stabbed in Tachbrook Road, Leamington Spa.

"One male has been declared dead at the scene and another taken to hospital.

"The incident was reported to police at 11.01am."

A spokesperson from West Midlands Ambulance Service said: "West Midlands Ambulance Service was called to reports of a stabbing involving two people on Tachbrook Road in Leamington at 10.58am this morning.

"Two ambulances, a paramedic officer and the Warwickshire and Northamptonshire Air Ambulance attended the scene.

"Ambulance staff arrived to find two patients, both men, who had sustained serious injuries.

"Despite the best efforts of ambulance staff, one man was sadly confirmed deceased on scene."

"A second man received advanced trauma care from ambulance staff before being taken by ambulance to a major trauma centre for further emergency care."