Image may contain: Office Building, Building

Warwick Labour Chair accused of anti-semitism as he appears to endorse Israel as a ‘racist endeavour’

Fraser Amos has been accused of anti-semitism following his retweet

Fraser Amos, the chair of Warwick Labour, has been accused of anti-semitism after retweeting a tweet describing the establishment of Israel as a "racist endeavour".

Image may contain: Text

The offending tweet that Fraser retweeted

Under the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA) guidelines for anti-semitism, it is considered anti-Semitic to deny the Jewish people their right to self-determination, for example by claiming that "the existence of Israel is a racist endeavour".

Fraser has defended his actions, saying the backlash towards him "undermines the fight against anti-semitism in the party".

Fraser, who was elected as the chair of Warwick Labour in March this year, has openly condemned anti-semitism within the Labour Party.

In 2017, he also gave a speech at the Labour Party Conference in 2017.

Last academic year, Fraser was involved in a homophobia scandal after he tweeted that it is not homophobic to assume that all gay people must be left wing.

Fraser Amos has been approached for comment.