Xmas is imminent: So what’s on in Leam?

The Tab give you a breakdown of Leamington’s finest Christmas events this year, don’t miss them!

As Christmas approaches and festive jumpers, cheesy songs and too many mince pies make their reappearance, the countdown to Christmas begins TODAY in Leamington as the Christmas lights are officially switched on.

The Tab have given you a special breakdown of today’s events in Leamington, and a few other dates to bear in mind if you’re bored in December.

2012’s lights

Sunday 17th November 2013

10am – Still into your children’s rides? Hit the parade for some good ol’ fashioned rides, a Christmas market, and some Christmassy music.

1pm – Touch FM will be arriving with music, a stage and some live performances.

4pm  – A traditional carol service at the Leamington charity Tree of Light will be taking place. The proceeds will be going to Myton Hospice.

5pm – The Christmas lights switch on. 

Leamington’s Rotary Trees of Light have raised over £40k in Leamington and Whitnash since 2001. To donate money, collect a form from the Leamington Town Hall.

Last year’s switch on. Just a little busy…

If you can’t make it today, there are plenty more events to attend in Leamington. Here are just a few:

Thursday 12th December – Leamington’s Annual Lantern Parade will see hundreds of paper lanterns, (hand crafted by Leamington’s finest kids) floating through the town centre. The parade starts at the bandstand in the Pump Room Gardens at 5.45pm and ends by the Tree of Light at the town hall, with music and carols.

Leamington Lamp – the newest entertainment venue have plenty of events to keep you occupied:

Mon 18th Nov – Reckless Comedy – £3
Fri 22nd – A Literary Event of Some Kind – £3
Sun 24th Nov – Bacchus – £3
Thurs 28th Nov –  Roots to Shoots £5

If you’re into your funk music, Eight Bar’s up and coming night is for you:

Friday 22nd November – Grandé Groove, a seven piece funk band will be performing in Eight Bar. The ticket link is here: http://www.ei8ht-barandbistro.co.uk/?page_id=248