Stirling top scorer for sport

We’ve done good

campus Gerry McCormac sports stirling Stirling Uni student union students Union Which?

Our beloved university has been named one of the top universities for sport in the UK.

But what we make up for in sport we lack in fun, as we received a less than impressive 46 per cent satisfaction rating for nightlife (Dusk and Fubar letting the side down there). 

The University achieved an 87 per cent satisfaction score for sports in the Which? University Student Survey, with the consumer watchdog praising our facilities.

The national swimming academy, on Stirling campus

Which? said: “Stirling University has a swimming pool, gym, strength and conditioning room, fitness classes and numerous different sports teams and clubs which allow members with all levels of ability.

“All of the facilities are very good – particularly when you consider the price of a gym membership (which includes fitness classes and use of the swimming pool) is only £99.90 for an entire calendar year.”

Which? recognised Stirling as one of the best sporting institutions in the country

The average Stirling graduate starting salary is £18,500, and 94 per cent of graduates are either in work or further study after six months.

Overall our student satisfaction rate is pretty high at 87 per cent.

Stirling’s student Union did less well in the guide, with only 60 per cent of students saying they were “quite” satisfied or better with the Union.

The outlook is positive for Stirling Uni’s future: we are now ranked 45 out of 124 Universities in the Complete University Guide.

If things keep going like this, soon you won’t have to say where you graduated with a hushed voice when you go for that big interview. At the job centre.