Top things to do this week

Once you recover from Raisin

| UPDATED raisin top things week

Now you’ve washed off the foam you’re ready for the next lot of things to do this week.

Bindi, Thursday

The South Asian (Sanskriti) Society are holding their signature event this Thursday. As usual, Bindi will feature hours of classic Bollywood favourites and other South Asian music. Although this event carries a South Asian theme, the society wants to emphasise that it aims to include people from any background. Expect a night of high energy and lots of dancing. Tickets can be purchased online for £5 or at the door for £5 (members) and £7 (non-members).

Hot Dub Time Machine, Tuesday

Hot Dub Time Machine is coming back to St. Andrews to celebrate Back to the Future Day! The event will take you back to the 50s and then help you party your way back to the present with classic tunes from each decade along the way. Without spoiling too much beforehand, Hot Dub is a uniquely interactive experience unlike anything you’ve ever seen before. The event will be held at the Union on Tuesday night. Tickets are available online through the Union website. Last time Hot Dub came to town, tickets were sold out, so get yours beforehand to avoid disappointment!

Xavier Ball, Friday

Previously called Bongo Ball and chastised for their controversial theme choice, this year’s Xavier Ball has made great efforts to refresh their brand with a new name and slogan (Be Bright). This particular ball, held at the Crail Airfield, is known for their festive sense of fashion and alternative music style. All of the ball’s profits will go straight to their namesake, The Xavier Project, which “provides support, education, and microfinance initiatives to refugees escaping the ongoing conflict in the Congo and other parts of East Africa.” Tickets can be purchased online through the balls’ partner Tilt at £35.

Hockey Disneyland Ma Bells, Wednesday

Courtesy of the Hockey Club, Ma Bells is turning into Disneyland this Wednesday. Costumes are encouraged and entry is FREE, so this is an easy one.

Greek and Cypriot Food Fayre, Saturday

This event comes as a Godsend for those of us who are growing tired of alternating between Tesco meal deals and Pot Noodles. Whether you’re seeking the comforts of home or the adventure of trying something new, the change to try authentic food is definitely not to be missed. The fayre will be held next Saturday in the Mansfield Building (the white building across from the Union) and tickets are available in person, with details on their Facebook event.

Voces8, The Other Guys, and The Alleycats Acappella Concert

Voces8, The Other Guys, and The Alleycats are coming together for a concert this Saturday at the Byre Theatre. Whether or not you like traditional a cappella, there’s sure to be some music for everyone with the planned repertoire including Renaissance, jazz, and pop. If you haven’t heard these guys sing yet, you’re missing out!! Limited tickets are available through the Byre Box Office, £10 for adults, £8 for Music Centre members, U26, and Concessions. The concert will start at 15:00.