The Leadmill to host an entire week of club nights when doors reopen on June 21

We can feel our funky shirts calling us

It’s been a rough year for clubbers, but finally there looks to be some light at the end of the tunnel.
Following the Government’s announcement that all social distancing laws will be removed by June 21, Sheffield’s institution of indie has announced a slew of club nights from that date.

The Leadmill is bringing back familiar favs like SONIC, an Arctic Monkeys night and, of course, Club Tropicana. They will be the first time the club has been able to operate to full capacity since lockdown was first announced in March.

Leadmill has received financial support from across the globe, with notable help coming from Sheffield’s own Alex Turner, who raffled off his iconic Stratocaster to raise money for the venue whilst its doors were closed.

Promotions manager Bethany Okogba said: “This is the moment we have been waiting for, it feels like we finally have something we can work towards and be excited about. We will be pulling out all the stops and going to every length to make this one to remember.

“We’re so incredibly grateful to the people who have stood by us and supported us over the last year, we really hope to give something back by providing the biggest parties possible this June!” 

If this gets you as excited as it gets us, grab your tickets from this link or from any of The Leadmill’s social media. 

Other stories:

• ‘We can’t take on the crisis alone’: Sheff Nightline volunteer pleads for more uni support

• Sheff students grabbing ‘Forgotten Students Freshers Week’ tickets crashed SU website

• Sheffield students hit with £34,000 fine after 150 attend a Ranmoor party