Nando’s are giving away 1,500 bottles of Peri-Peri sauce to students in Sheffield this week

No word of a lie

Hide Images

Forget draining the pockets because this week Nandos is offering Uni of Sheffield students that sauce we all love, for free.

The chain restaurant, famed for its flame-grilled PERi-PERi chicken, will be giving away 1,500 medium-spiced bottles of the stuff to some lucky students at Refreshers Fair, to be held at the Octagon on Wednesday.

But the PERi-PERi won't be there. The container of 125g bottles is being delivered to a secret location, likely to be in and around the Octagon Building, to be hinted at on Sheffield Uni Nando's Sauciety facebook page. It's on a first come first serve basis, so that lecture might have to wait.

Just look at it

It comes as Nando's have recently launched an online recipe hub, with PERi-fect recipes for meat-eaters and vegetarians alike. So, basically a manual for how to make your flatmates love you.

It's just one tasty part of the Student Union's Refresh Week running from today until Friday. As well as more freebies at Refreshers Fair, students will find the university's clubs, volunteer groups and societies out in force at Restart Festival tomorrow.

The week concludes with a 'Relax' day on Thursday, featuring talks, workshops and stalls in a chilled setting, and on Friday the SU's own outlets will try to top Nandos' supreme generosity with plenty of offers to celebrate the refreshed Coffee Revolution.