Man who burgled Nottingham student house has been arrested

The incident took place on Bute Avenue, Lenton

Police investigating a burglary at a student property in the Lenton triangle have made an arrest.

A gaming laptop worth over £1,500 and a rucksack containing an iPad and personal belongings were taken from a house on Bute Avenue on Saturday, 8th October.

The police were able to identify the suspect from tracking software on the iPad that positioned the electronic device at a repair shop.

The 34-year-old was arrested on suspicion of burglary on Wednesday, 16th November and has since been released on bail.

Inspector Ben Lawrence, head of policing in the centre of Nottingham thanked the work of his officers for reuniting a student with their iPad and arresting a suspect.

He said: “The investigation remains ongoing and we are working hard to recover the stolen laptop, which belonged to a second student living at the property and was worth in excess of £1,500.”

Inspector Lawrence acknowledged the distress the incident will have caused but voiced that it could have easily been avoided had the property been left secure.

He added: “Burglary is a very upsetting crime and so I would again remind people to keep their doors and windows locked to avoid becoming a victim.”

• Police issue warning to Notts students to lock their doors and windows to avoid burglaries

• A man has been arrested in relation to the burglary of four student houses in Notts

• Two arrests made in connection to burglary at a student house in Notts