UoN places 118th in QS Sustainability World University Rankings 2023

The university beat nearly 600 other global institutions

University of Nottingham has placed 118th out of 700 universities in the 2023 Sustainability World Rankings.

This is the first rankings by QS of its kind which “uses a methodology comprised of indicators designed to measure an institution’s ability to tackle the world’s greatest environmental, social and governance (ESG) challenges.

“Indicators are split into environmental sustainability measures – including sustainable institutions, sustainable education and sustainable research – and social impact measures, which includes equality, knowledge exchange, educational impact, employability and opportunities, and quality of life”.

The university scored 34.2 as a sustainable institution, 33.5 for sustainable education and 84.4 for sustainable research.

In July this year, the University of Nottingham received two Green Flag Awards for their Jubilee and University Park campuses and in 2020, the university placed third in the world for sustainability by The UI Green Metric, impressively coming second place in 2021.

In fact Jubilee campus has received the Green Flag award consistently since 2017. In a statement posted onto the university website in July, a spokesperson said:

“It was established in 1999 when a former industrial site was regenerated into a thriving environmentally friendly campus with a strong emphasis on sustainability. Four lakes provide diverse wildlife habitats as well as peaceful areas where people can pause and reflect.

“Both Jubilee Campus and University Park Campus are vital green spaces for the community in Nottingham”.

Your mate from another uni is visiting for the weekend, here’s what to do with them

Four things I learnt at Notts Freshers’ Fair

• Spooktacular halloween events happening in Nottingham this October