Spooktacular Halloween events happening in Nottingham this October

It’s gonna be a hectic week

By the end of October, you all will have recovered from freshers and be raring to go again. Hot girl summer is over, and now it’s time for hot ghoul Halloween. Whether you’re looking to be scared, do some wholesome Halloween activities, or looking to party, this list should have something that appeals to you. Let’s hope we see some original costumes this spooky season, I’ve had enough of black cats and builders.

Here are seven exciting events going on in Notts this spooky season:

Detonate Halloween: In The Arena

If you’ve been to the summer Detonate festival, you know it’s not one to be missed. They’re now running a Halloween event for the second year running, with an incredible line-up already being announced, including Chase & Status and Hybrid Minds. This is Detonate’s biggest indoor festival ever, and it’s being held at the Motorpoint Arena on Saturday 29th October.

Adventure Cinema at Wollaton Park

This Autumn, Wollaton Park is hosting the UK’s largest touring outdoor cinema. There are two showings, Hocus Pocus on Thursday 27th October, and The Rocky Horror Picture Show on Friday 28th October. Adventure Cinema are encouraging visitors to dress up and bring their deckchairs and snacks to watch these spooky classics.

The Spirits Tour

On Thursday 27th October, the National Justice Museum and The Alchemist are partnering up inside the Museum. There, you’ll start the evening with a cocktail to steady the nerves, which is then followed by a chilling ghost tour around the old prison. You’ll then be toured through the streets to The Alchemist, where you’ll receive another cocktail to finish the tour. Tickets are £32.50.

With The National Justice Museum having been voted one of the ‘most haunted buildings’ in the UK, you may need more than two cocktails.

Halloween Ghost Hunt at Newstead Abbey

Not for the faint-hearted, this Abbey has had several ghostly sightings over the century. On 29th and 30th October, from 8pm till 1am, anyone daring to catch a glimpse of these ghosts should go along to the Alley, where you’ll receive training in how to use a ghost detection kit, as well as a tour and three investigation sessions.

Nottinghamshire “Pick Your Own” Pumpkins

“Pick Your Own” pumpkins is a family-run farm with an estimated 40,000 pumpkins to choose from. There’s also some pop-up food stalls at the farm from Little Schnauzer Coffee Company and Rocket Dogs, so you won’t leave hungry. It’s open until 31st October, and entry is free with no need to book.

Shapes: Halloween City Festival

If you haven’t heard about Shapes, you must have been living under a rock. On Halloween night, Shapes is partnering up with Dollymix and the OZO Collective in three venues, The Cell, The Warehouse, and The Church. Fancy dress is of course encouraged, make sure you show us all your best fits. With a full line-up of DJs and tickets selling out fast, it definitely sounds like the place to be on Halloween. As they say: “There are other nights in Nottingham, but there is only one Shapes”.

The Original Nottingham Ghost Walk

This isn’t necessarily an October-only event as it runs all year around, but it’s definitely spooky enough to be in our Halloween list! The walk is a storytelling tour around the Castle Quarter of the city every Saturday at 7pm. During the walk, you’re told some scary tales such as the Human Pin Cushion, the Baby in the Wall or the mysterious ‘Lady in the Light’. You can find out more here.

• What your Halloween costume says about you

The Tab’s guide to Halloween in Notts: All the events you need to attend for a spooktacular week

Crisis apologises for serial-killer themed Halloween club night after backlash