The Tab’s guide to Halloween in Notts: All the events you need to attend for a spooktacular week

You’re guaranteed to have a horror-bly messy night

Hot girl summer has been officially over for a while now but hot ghoul Halloween is coming in in full swing. It’s that time of the year again where we see the reappearance of boys in ripped up bloody T-shirts and girls wearing as little clothes as possible.

Let’s just hope after a year in lockdown we’ve all had time to think of some more original costumes.

Obviously, it would be unfair to restrict the occasion to one night and Notts has a huge amount of events to offer. Here’s a rundown of some of the big events happening.

Cirque du Soul: Halloween special! – Monday 25th October

It’s undeniable that the weirdness of cirque goes hand in hand with the spookiness of Halloween. 

If you want to commit some murder on the dance floor and kick your week off correctly get down to Rock City to see the return of Weaver bros.

Tickets are almost sold out so make sure you grab yours here.

Shapes: Halloween City Festival – Thursday 28th October

Shapes will not disappoint as they host their Halloween City Festival, with several events on the Thursday evening. 

With four venues this Halloween, Shapes will guarantee you have a horror-bly messy night wherever you decide to go.

You can get Open Air tickets for The Waterfront, Rooftop tickets for Alto, Warehouse tickets for Brickworks or Levels tickets for a usual Shapes night at The Cell.

There are still tickets available for some of the venues which you can get here.

Ocean Friday – Friday 29th October

If the thought of boys in speedos hasn’t already haunted you enough, then you may as well take a dip in the Big O this Friday.

The music will no doubt bring all the usual cheese, with the added  feature of some Halloween classics like Michael Jackson’s Thriller. If that sounds right up your street then keep an eye on @andythehoe’s instagram for updates on ticket releases.

Crisis AllFrighter – Sunday 31st October

If you weren’t tricked and got a treat this Halloween, you’ll be lucky enough to have bagged yourself a ticket to the one and only Crisis AllFrighter.

This nine hour long evening is not to be taken lightly and will be a guaranteed boo-zy night. There is arguably no better way to finish Halloween than with a six am Maccies, because who doesn’t love a hash brown.

There is no doubt that Buy and Sell will be popping off with ridiculous offers next week if you’re still aiming on securing a ticket, and there is nothing more scary than the thought of paying £30 to get into Crisis. But it’ll be worth it, right?

The Q will be open though if you’re willing to try.

Pryzm: Carnival of the Dead – Sunday 31st October

With several rooms to end up in, Pryzm has you covered this Halloween.

If the light up floor and cheese of Vinyl is just too terrifying, then take your cat ears and fake blood to the main floor to enjoy the night.

Tickets are available on Fixr and are selling out, so try and grab one if you can.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVVIWBkI6Uk/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

The Original Nottingham Ghost Walk

If you aren’t feeling going out this Halloween but still want to celebrate the occasion, then what better way than a ghost walk.

Starting at Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem and ending at the ancient caves below, the walk will tell you the stories of the cursed castle quarter of the city. You will be sure to discover some of the un-BOO-lievable truths about our very own city. Find out more here.

These are just a handful of things to do this Halloween in Nottingham, as the city has such a variety of things to offer. With a line up like this it is pretty certain that the week will suck the life out of you.

• What your Halloween costume says about you

Your guide to how Nottingham is celebrating Black History Month 2021