Image may contain: Photography, Portrait, Photo, Bush, Woman, Girl, Outdoors, Tree, Poodle, Clothing, Apparel, Grass, Vegetation, Plant, Animal, Puppy, Mammal, Dog, Canine, Pet, Face, Female, Person, Human

A dog café is opening near Notts and it’s the uni coping mechanism we all needed

Calling all dog lovers in Nottinghamshire

If you’ve been suffering from low mood, irritability and a constant urge to stroke your housemates’ heads, you may be suffering from doggo withdrawal. It can be a big step moving to university, being in your own place, without a paw to hold.

Luckily, Nottinghamshire’s first permanent dog cafe is set to open next month, so you won’t have to venture far to get some puppy loving.

Frenchie Frenchie is a brand new dog cafe that caters to French bulldogs and other small breeds. Inspired by their own little pupper, Penny, partners Arran Hoblin, 29, and Liam Giles, 28, decided to open the cafe so that dog owners had a place to grab a coffee with their furry friends.

Image may contain: Keyboard, Display, Screen, Monitor, Person, Human, Couch, Furniture, Laptop, Dog, Pet, Mammal, Animal, Canine, Electronics, Computer, Pc

Arran said, “It’s going to be a fun, chilled atmosphere where people can relax and play with their dogs and meet other dogs and their owners.”

While the owners enjoy a cake and a cup of tea, their dogs can have a nibble on one of the dog-friendly bakes or enjoy a drink from the PAWsecco bar.

Don’t worry if you don’t have your own dog, though, you’ll still be welcome in the cafe! You can have a drink and watch the puppers play in the ball pool and playhouse. There will even be a selfie wall for photo opportunities.

Frenchie Frenchie will arrive in Mansfield on November 2nd, in place of a former florists on Toothill Lane. On their opening day, there will be ticketed, hour-long slots, priced at £6. Head to frenchiefrenchie.co.uk if you’d like to book tickets.

Once the cafe is up and running, you will be able to either reserve a table, or simply walk in for a drink and a bite to eat.

So, if the doggo withdrawal is hitting hard as the nights are drawing in, catch the bus from the city centre and head into Mansfield for a bit of puppy TLC.