NOTTS UNI FUNDRAISING HITS £100M

Nottingham University has raised £100m in a massive fundraising effort.

After raising £100m in just two years, the university’s philanthropic fundraising campaign “Impact” is well on track to reach its 2016 target of £150m.

The ultimate (and definitely not under-ambitious) aim of the uni’s largest ever fundraising effort is to “change lives, tackle global challenges and shape the future.”

Seen these around? Tags thanking the campaign have appeared around campus

The money raised goes toward various arts, sport and community projects. To celebrate the milestone the University have produced a video, “Impact: The First £100m”, showcasing the campaign’s achievements.

Some of the most impressive feats include a crucial reduction in the time it takes it to diagnose childhood brain tumours, helping 2,000 of Nottingham’s disadvantaged kids do well at school, and a new £20m GlaxoSmithKline laboratory set to become a global centre for future drug discovery.

Work starts on the UK’s first ‘green’ laboratory – a golden opportunity for a token picture of the Vice-Chancellor in a hard hat and florescent bib.

Campaign donations have rolled in from staff, students, business partners and others.  During the campaign, the uni received their largest ever corporate gift, and one particularly generous (and presumably rich) individual gave the largest ever single gift from an alumnus.

Five times Olympic gold medallist Steve Redgrave got behind the campaign.

University of Nottingham Vice-Chancellor, Professor David Greenaway said: “It is a remarkable achievement to have come so far, so soon in the Campaign’s life and it gives me immense pride to see tangible evidence of its impact on communities locally, nationally and internationally.”