10 Things To Do This Week

There’s plenty of cultural variety to keep you occupied this week…

Young Kato @ The Bodega

Monday, doors at 7pm, £8.80

Indie-pop kids Young Kato grace the stage at Bodega on Monday evening before heading off to record their debut album later this year.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPGnG9KX7xc[/youtube]

The Duck House @ Theatre Royal

Monday – Saturday, times vary, £12+

Ben Millar comes to Nottingham in this hilarious political comedy set at the height of the expenses scandal, prior to its opening in the West End.

Ben Miller from The Armstrong and Miller Show on BBC

Back to Oblivion @ New Theatre Fringe Season

Monday and Tuesday, 7.30pm, £4

Old school friends unexpectedly reunite, one of them reminisces about the good old days and the other seeks to escape the life around him.

Gin and Juice @ Rescue Rooms

Tuesday, 11pm -3am, guest list £6

Advance tickets have sold out for this night of R’n’B and Hip Hop. Best Tuesday night ever. Guest list places still available.

Behind the Red Door @ 11 Weekday Cross

Open Tuesday- Saturday, 10am-5pm

The Tab went to visit this new shop in the Art File HQ. It sells gorgeous greeting cards and beautiful gift ideas and most of it is unique to Nottingham. Perfect for some Christmas shopping.

Lots of cool gift ideas are Behind this Red Door

Rent: 20th Anniversary Concert @ Nottingham Royal Concert Hall

Tuesday, 7.30pm, £27.50+

Set in New York and telling the story of a group of friends struggling to make it in the city under the shadow of HIV, this famous musical comes to Notts for a concert performance.

The Vagina Monologues @ Nottingham Royal Concert Hall

Thursday, 8pm, £20

Fun for all you ladies, this infamous play ponders what it is to be a woman. A must see!

Buried Child @ New Theatre

Wednesday – Saturday, times vary, £4+

The age old theme of the ‘American Dream’ is explored in this play; a farm in Illinois is failing to provide crops and a horrific betrayal is tearing the family apart.

Freshers take advantage of half price Saturday matinee tickets

Urban Outfitters Opening Party @Victoria Centre

Thursday, 5-9pm, free

The best place to buy overly priced edgy clothes is finally opening in Nottingham on Thursday. The opening party has got loads of fun stuff- cool DJs, a photobooth and a piñata.

UO’s Facebook page have been posting pictures of the store’s progress. Looking good so far.

MUHA @ Nottingham Contemporary Cafe Bar

Saturday, doors at 8pm, free

MUHA are Nottingham’s own Eastern-European contemporary folk band who have a load of different influences: Eastern European folklore, North India and Cuba, lyrics from Hindi to old Russian to modern Ukrainian. It’s fair to say you will feel cultured.

Nottingham Contemporary is in the heart of the Lace Market right next to Pitcher and Piano