10 Things To Do This Week

It’s Halloween this week, so we’ve rounded up some of the scariest cultural stuff. Ghost walks, terror tours and Russell Brand…

Chin Chin @ Theatre Royal

Monday – Saturday, times vary, £12+ 

Felicity Kendal and Simon Callow star in this bittersweet comedy set in 1950s Paris.

Terror Tours @ Galleries of Justice

Monday and Thursday 6:00pm (£9.50)

This place is actually haunted – Fright Nights recently voted it the most haunted place in the UK. For Halloween they’re opening the deepest darkest scariest parts of the old county goal. Not for the faint hearted.

If you want to be scared, The Tab recommends here

2 for 1 @ The Lost City Adventure Golf

Thursday, 6-9pm

The Lost City in Corner House are offering 2 for 1 for anyone who turns up in Halloween fancy dress.

Sounds like a pretty good deal

Behind the Scenes Tour: From Willoughby to Wayne @ Wollaton Hall

11am, 2pm and 3pm, daily until 31st October, students £3

Enjoy a 45 minute tour of the Hall to hear about the history from Elizabethan times to how it was transformed to Wayne Hall for the 2011 Batman movie.

Definitely looks scarier in the dark and of course on Halloween.

The Original Nottingham Ghost Walk @Starts at Ye Olde Salutation Inn, Maid Marian Way

7pm every Saturday, book for Halloween (£5)

All of Nottingham’s ghosts await you in this tour of ancient Nottingham. Covers all the spooky places – the castle, a graveyard and the ‘underground living rock’.

Are these just old photos? Or are they ghosts? Go find out

AlunaGeorge @ Rock City

Wednesday, doors 6.30pm £13

Shortlisted for the 2013 Critic’s Choice Award at the Brits, this duo are described as fusing R&B with futuristic pop and they’re on tour right now.

Jamie Cullum @ Royal Concert Hall

Tuesday, 7.30, £25

Everyone’s favourite guilty pleasure comes to Nottingham on Tuesday night to serenade the city after the release of his 6th studio album.

Foxfinder @ New Theatre

Wednesday – Saturday, 7.00. £4+

New Theatre’s latest offering sees a Foxfinder investigating a local farm for potential infestation and collaboration.

Freshers remember you get half price tickets for the Saturday matinee

Lunchtime Concerts @ Djanogly Recital Hall

Tuesday and Friday, 1.15

Mussoc and Blowsoc’s free concert series continues this week with the World Fusion and Contempo ensembles – come along and support!

Russell Brand @ Royal Concert Hall 

Friday and Saturday, 7.30, £27.50

Russell Brand gets all deep in his latest show, and chats about religion, athieism and the Messiah Complex. There’s probably some sex in there too.