10 Things To Do This Week

The next Varsity installment, and plenty of music, theatre and art to help avoid doing any revision

1) Savages @ Bodega

Tuesday, 7pm, SOLD OUT

Savages are very much on the upwards trajectory, so congrats if you managed to snag a ticket to this now sold out gig at Bodega.

2) Varsity Football @ Meadow Lane Stadium

Thursday, 7pm, £4

With only football and rugby left, varsity 2013 is almost at an end. Head down to Meadow Lane to watch our lads and ladies obliterate Trent for the penultimate time this year.

3) Itchy Feet @ Bodega

Tuesday, 11pm, 6pm

Itchy Feet returns to Nottingham after lengthy hiatus, so skiffle down to the Bodega Social Club to celebrate dissertation hand-ins.

4) Peter and The Wolf @ Djanogly Recital Hall

Tuesday, 1.15pm, FREE

The Lunchtime Concert series plays host to the unofficial chamber orchestra this week as they tackle Prokofiev’s deceptively difficult piece. With a soothing narrator, it will take you far far away from any exam stresses.

5) Little Red @ Lincoln Hall Library

Monday & Tuesday, 7.30pm, £3

Wolf themed events continue with the Nottingham New Theatre Uncut season’s next offering. Little Red is a long awaited devised piece based around, you guessed it, Little Red Riding Hood.

6) Highfields Boating Lake @ Highfields Park

All Week

Head down to the lake for some aquatic frolics. Recite some Keats in the manner of Bridget Jones and catch some rays at the same time.

7) Pub Quiz is Life @ Nottingham New Theatre

Weds-Sat, 7.30pm (2.30pm Sat Mat), £5

Join a failing quiz team from East Hull in this murderously dark black comedy.

8) Boom box X Dive @ Market Bar

Thursday, 10pm, £6

When the sun comes up the old school garage goes on. This time honoured tradition is being upheld by Market Bar as they present two of garage’s legends. Award winners DJ Luck & MC Neat will be there for your delectation.

9) The Universal Addressability of Dumb Things @ Nottingham Contemporary

How to send a dog into space…

All Week

Turner Prize-winning artist Mark Leckey curates an exhibition exploring the magical new world of technology, featuring the weird the wonderful

10) AGMs! @ a society near you

The Tab would like to take this opportunity to remind you all how important it is that you attend your society’s AGM. Go and see democracy in action as the committee for next year is formed right before your very eyes. Don’t risk someone rubbish being elected, and never be afraid to RON.