Image may contain: Fur, Word, Parade, Crowd, Person, People, Human

UEA have announced how they’ll spend the strike money

The decisions were made after an online survey and open meeting with the Vice-Chancellor

UEA have announced today how the money from the withheld wages of lecturers during the strikes will be spent.

Following a SU survey online which 600 students participated in, UEA detailed in a post on the student news page the top three areas where students wanted to see the strike money go.

They were additional counselling over the exam period, additional full time counselling staff for the next two years and additional library resources.

Maybe we'll have plug sockets that actually work.

The post detailed: "£200,000 to support mental health services, which will be immediately allocated to source additional counselling services over the exam period… the remaining funding should be used to hire additional full-time counselling staff in SSS for the next two years.

"Funding for additional Library resources for the benefit of all students. An EBSCO subscription e-book package should be purchased for £16,000… this would provide access to 160,000 additional books for that period.

"If there is funding left, UEA will investigate portable power stations for the Library down the line."

At this moment, UEA are not considering reduction in fees or or compensation.