Charity music festival to take place in Norwich this weekend

Who’s got the glitter???

Oxjam Festival returns to Norwich for it’s sixth installment this weekend, with all proceeds raised going directly to the Oxfam charity.

Oxjam was founded to bring music lovers together with Oxfam’s fight against suffering and poverty, with the profits going to projects such as water sanitisation, land development and emergency response.

The event is entirely run by volunteers, and these events showcase local artists and emerging talent. The festival has recieved celebrity endorsements from the likes of Pulp’s Jarvis Cocker and Fatboy Slim.

Oxjam have hosted more than 4500 events across the UK since their beginnings in 2006, and it’s the sixth festival they’ve brought to Norwich. The festival kicks off with at the Guildhall on Friday, with the majority of the music and other entertainment taking place at a variety of venues on Saturday.

Gigs will be held at The Birdcage from 2-6pm, The Mash Tun & Gin Palace between 6-10pm and Karma Kafe from 5-11pm. On top of this, there is an after party planned at the Rumsey Wells, creating an energized festival vibe.

How Oxfam will spend the money raised this weekend

Highlights from the line-up include the soulful rock of The Thinking Men, the feisty female fronted punk of young Norwich band Peach Club, and a set from singer-songwriter (and UEA graduate) Laura Goldthrop.

With dozens more emerging and local artists playing, the festival is bound to introduce you to your new favourite thing.

Student weekend tickets start at £7.70, and can be purchased here.

@OxjamNorwich17