An easy way to get rid of all the stuff you don’t want anymore

‘Don’t be a wasteman’ set up to help the Norwich homeless

Somehow over the year, you manage to accumulate a tonne of stuff that you either don’t need, don’t want, or just can’t fit into your car to go home. But, there is now a solution that will not only help you but also be a huge help to the ever growing homeless population of Norwich.

‘Don’t be a wasteman’ was set up by UEA students Rob Klim, Cath Ellis and Holly Janet Harvey Free in association with Anon Street Team. The aim is to collect any unwanted items which can be put to use to help the homeless.

There’s a list of items which they are keen to collect on their Facebook page which includes shower gel, toothpaste, socks, deodorant, tinned fruit or veg and pasta, among many other items.

If you have any of the items and wish to donate them, simply go to their Facebook page and let the team know where you live and someone will come to collect your donations from Wednesday 14th of June until Saturday 17th.

Speaking on the issue, one of the organisers said: “Anonymous Street Team is extremely grateful for the contributions of UEA students to help tackle this massive problem.”

If you want to help but don’t have any spare items, the team are currently looking for volunteers. Alternatively, if you’re going home for the summer and would prefer instead to donate some money, you can do so through their GoFundMe page, here.