Norwich is the FOURTH FRIENDLIEST place in the UK

We’re much friendlier than Worcester

Just when you thought it couldn’t get any more wonderful, Norwich has been ranked the fourth friendliest place in the UK.

Research released by the Eden Project has ranked Norwich as the fourth friendliest place in the UK.

The research was published as part of the Eden Project’s ‘The Big Lunch’ programme. The project encourages people to get to know their neighbours, share skills and stay connected with their communities.

The results were based on the number of people in each region who had registered to get involved with The Big Lunch.

Norwich beat out Nottingham, Bournemouth and Exeter to be named one of the countries smiliest cities.

Lincoln topped the chart as the friendliest place in the UK.

The East of England was also ranked the tenth friendliest region.

So many friends

The research also showed that being friendly can have a huge impact on the local community and can help to beat loneliness.

Marcus Rand from the Campaign to End Loneliness said: “It’s vital we all play our part in reducing loneliness in our communities.”

“Shockingly 10% of people who are over 65 feel lonely all of the time, and the summer months are no different.”

American Studies Fresher Gwen Holt said: “These results are the least surprising thing ever. Everyone here is always friendly.

“Also there’s lots of dogs and I’m sure there’s a correlation there.”

The results come just months after Norwich was named the happiest place to work and the happiest place to grow up.

Why would you ever want to leave?