The savvy Fresher’s Guide to Norwich Nightlife: Part two

All you need to know right here…

Haven’t got enough of the Norwich night life yet? To make sure you do, here is part two of the Tab’s guide to the clubs and bars of Norwich. Bringing you all the information you need so you know exactly what to expect when you hit the town.

Revolucion De Cuba 

Free entry and always nice. De Cuba is a slightly pricier bar with a small dance floor. Definitely one for the beginning of semester when loans have just gone in.

Drinks: Typical beers and spirits with more rum flavours than you thought imaginable. Lethal three shot cocktails are two for one between 5 and 7 pm.

Music: Cuban music and live bands. Be prepared to Salsa with the dance classes if you stay past happy hour.

Hideout 

Hideout houses two dance floors and three bars. That, and quite possibly the dingiest toilets you will ever encounter.

Thursday – ‘Deep Trouble’, sponsored by Redstripe. Guestlist – £3 before 12/ £5 after. Standard entry – £4 before 12/ £6 after.

Music: House, Techno, Bass, Disco and Garage.

Drinks: Standard club drink prices with Jagerbombs galore, Redstripe £2 a can.

Select Fridays – ‘The American House Party’. First this year 5th October. Advance tickets now £5.

Music: Dubstep, house and electro bass. Three floors, 10 DJs, Twister, and beds and hot tubs to share with drunk strangers… if that’s your sort of thing.

Drinks: Free shot with first drink, plus free sweets and candy floss. Dr Pepper/ Mountain Dew mixers.

Mercy XS

Reopened after a brief closure in May 2012, Mercy XS claims to have upped the ante. Think aerial performers and fire breathers!

Thursdays – ‘Wired Thursdays’ – The Student Session. Guest list/flyer entry is free before 11pm. Standard entry £3 before 11pm, £4 after.

Music: Dubstep, R&B, Hip Hop, Alternative.

Drinks: Jagerbombs, VKs and selected spirits and mixers £2 all night.

Fridays – ‘Old Skool Rocks’. Free entry for girls before 1am, sorry boys!

Music: ‘Old Skool anthems’.

Drinks: Selected drinks £1.50, Jagerbombs £2.

Saturdays – ‘The Ultimate Nightclub Experience’. £3 entry before 11pm, £4 entry before 12am, £5 after with flyer.

Music: Three rooms of music on offer.

Drinks: £2.50 before midnight, flyer can get you free waitress service and a bottle of bubbly!

Kartel.

The final fling of the night, when you’ll go anywhere to knock back one last Jagerbomb. One dance floor, one bar, a twinkly smoking area and a floor sticky enough to rival the LCR’s.

Tuesday – ‘Official After Party’. Bookings and walk-ins welcome, personal experience has proven that it’s really the mood of the doorman that determines entry price. Get fluttering those eyelashes! Open until 4am.

Music: Anything and everything, requests for ‘Ignition’ by R Kelly have been taken on more than one occasion.

Drinks: Standard club drink prices. By this time you’re usually way past caring about your bank balance anyway.

Revolution

Vodka Revs. Usually the haunt of Norwich regulars rather than the student crowd, Revolutions seems bent on giving Freshers all manners of Smirnoff related hangovers come week three. Buy a student card for £2 at the bar for cheap cocktails, pitchers and shots all year.

Monday – Aces presents Casino night. Free entry, roulette and black jack tables.

Music: Resident DJ Viking from 9pm.

Drinks: Can you beat the bartender? Find the Ace of Spades for a free round.

Wednesday – Beauty and The Geek Party. Standard entry, photo booths and giveaways from 9pm.

Drinks: Suspicious sounding vodka potions and cocktails. Plus the chance to try out your mixing skills behind the bar.

Thursday – I Love Vodka Party. Standard entry, 9pm start. Giveaways throughout the night.

Music – DJ Tim Zee

Friday – Friday Night Live. Standard entry for Revolutions final freshers night.

Well that’s it for The Tab’s Guide to Norwich Nightlife, but what do you think of Norwich’s clubs and bars? Comment below and tell us what you think!